• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New clutch spring pack

Adamsky

Just installed a new 8,000 rpm clutch and WOW does it make a difference. I'm not sure I like it though. It does have a lot more low end acceleration but from the looks of it I lost some in mid range and high end. I would just like some feedback and make sure it is working properly?

G

The only difference is the clutch engages at a higher rpm. It won't hinder engine performance. You might want to get that carb dialed in.

Adamsky

I seriously thinking about ordering a new carb today. My truck is still wanting to die after full throttle. Not nearly as much after installing the gas vent hose but still dies once in a while. I'm having to tune the carb every time I run the damn thing. I'm really getting sick of it. What have you heard about the Walbro 990 or other carbs? Also what is the difference between the 813 and the 990? I know the 813 has a accelerator pump, is it better?

G

I use the 990 and like it. Once tuned it starts fairly easy about 3 pulls on average.

I've never tried the 813 but those who use it like it.

Adamsky

Just ordered a WT990 carb from Gizmo motors, best price I have seen on these carbs! Only $36.00 dollars, about 20 dollars cheaper than anyone else. Should be here Wednesday, can't wait to try it out

rcgasser

990 is a great carb you will love it yes there are many post even on this forum about the 813 shaft wears out quickly. You will never look back from the 990 again.

alfred e numan

thing is bout the wt813, the hole on the back of the carb -the pump bore hole, with an ada manafold- not shure bout the stock one- when this 813 is bolted up, bout 1/8th of the pump hole is exposed. I break out the handy-dandy shoe-goo, with a small flatblade screwdriver- put it on the screw driver- very little- you donot want this stuff to go into the exposed hole- gum up the pump, let the goo set on the screwdriver for a little bit to thicken it up- then apply it to one side of the hole- then sorta pull the little blob of glue over the hole - and anchor on the oppsite side of the hole- let the glue touch the manafold too- better bond.- silicone sealant dissolves around gas- use shoe goo. - yea, this will make the bore wear trouble free. I do this everytime I bolt up the 813- And I do change- tinker with carbs often.

Adamsky

Dad, need help! Of course I bought a new 8,000 rpm clutch for my XT but now the clutch will not disengage. I have tore it down and loosing the bolts a little but it is still sticking open. What is going on??? Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? What kind of washers should I use and how tight should I tighten the bolts? Can I leave them loose?

G

The bolts should never hold the shoes tight against the clutch plate. The spring washer is suppose to keep them snug. The flat washer goes in back and the spring washer goes on the out side of the clutch shoes. Sounds like they were over tightened. You can take them out, add red loctite, and just tighten them until they touch the spring washer. Let it dry overnight before you run it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts