• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new 7075rc parts

G

Ol said:
It's all CNC'ed. Got it cut to size last night and it's going in the CNC this morning.
So what your say'n is, the night shift was slack'n.... :D

G

Forget the pics I just want the parts. :D

Sergio

Ol said:
Going slower then I want. Too many distractions. Making 22 set's. Hopefully they will be done next week.
Are these sets reserved already cause I need a set when you first asked who was interested I didn't say anything but now I have some cash that is just bothering me

Silent_chaos

Do u draw them in solid works? In general, do u use a 3D program? Or just 2D?

Ive worked with laser CNCs before. You can either provide the file as a 2D and then the program renders it as 3D to include thickness. Or you can draw it as 3D and directly cut it.

Im just asking cz im gona start taking solidwork courses

Ol' fart

We use Surfcam here. It is an CAM, not a CAD

CAM- Computer aided machine.

CAD- Computer aided design.

SolidWorks is the most popular one out there and a good one to learn and Surfcam can read there files direct.

Although the suspension arm looks complicated it is a basic 2d design as are most of the Redcat parts.

3d parts are much more complicated. you can make parts like the blade of a boat prop or almost any curved surface if you have the CAD file. This is where Solidworks excels. Once you have mastered it you can make almost anything. It will tell you the weight of your part in any material and you can analyze the stress points for structural defects. You can even assemble mutable parts and

add moving parts like gear trains and springs and analyze them too.

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
We use Surfcam here. It is an CAM, not a CADCAM- Computer aided machine.

CAD- Computer aided design.

SolidWorks is the most popular one out there and a good one to learn and Surfcam can read there files direct.

Although the suspension arm looks complicated it is a basic 2d design as are most of the Redcat parts.

3d parts are much more complicated. you can make parts like the blade of a boat prop or almost any curved surface if you have the CAD file. This is where Solidworks excels. Once you have mastered it you can make almost anything. It will tell you the weight of your part in any material and you can analyze the stress points for structural defects. You can even assemble mutable parts and

add moving parts like gear trains and springs and analyze them too.
I see. I have seen some people debating whether Siemens's program Nx 8 is better. Seems solid works is friendlier.

Looking forward for the courses

Knuckles

Any updates?

Ol said:
Going slower then I want. Too many distractions. Making 22 set's. Hopefully they will be done next week.
When do you think they will be available? What as the price again? What end are you using on upper arm?

Ol' fart

They are about as close to being done as you can get. I'll try to get pics and have them on the site Monday.

Front lowers $70 a set

front uppers $45 a set

Rear lowers $80 a set

Full set $180

Black anodized + $10 for a full set. + $5 for a pair

The front uppers use your stock ends

claude bigelow

Ol said:
They are about as close to being done as you can get. I'll try to get pics and have them on the site Monday.Front lowers $70 a set

front uppers $45 a set

Rear lowers $80 a set

Full set $180

Black anodized + $10 for a full set. + $5 for a pair

The front uppers use your stock ends
I'm not sure if this was asked, but are any of these sets available for the MT? If so I'll take a complete set. If so pm me in where to send payment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts