• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Never going to get on radar!!!

Guantanamo Joe

So today I was so excited. Found a bolt to replace the missing one from my silenced Dominator V2 pipe... put a new switch on top of the radio box because the one on the front is impossible to reach with my sausage fingers (this one has an extra attachment so I can charge without opening the radio box.

Had my closest RC friends standing by waiting to see the radar and see if I went past that 50MPH goal I have set.

She started in 3 pulls with her finely tuned Walbro 990 and away she went around the parking lot to get warmed up. I took her all the way to the end and commanded her to ludicrus speed as she came by me. As she passes by, I turn to follow her and find that one of the latecomers had stopped his Blazer right in the path of my pretty Dunerunner.

So the damage is not as bad as I expected. New A Frame, new Diff cup, CVD, and I need a chasis now.

I think I can get away with running 2WD after I swap the A Frame out. That will get me back on the road until the order I just placed with RC Dad gets here :D

The worst part of this whole mess though is that my buddy was holding the radar gun, saw the accident, and said to me " I clocked it at: ZERO"

A-Hole... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

I almost wish I had hit metal on the blazer, but it hit a tire... The guy driving it is a pretty good guy though so I would have felt bad if I damaged his car too. I would have loved to see it hit another RC car like that though... would have demolished it :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
So today I was so excited. Found a bolt to replace the missing one from my silenced Dominator V2 pipe... put a new switch on top of the radio box because the one on the front is impossible to reach with my sausage fingers (this one has an extra attachment so I can charge without opening the radio box.Had my closest RC friends standing by waiting to see the radar and see if I went past that 50MPH goal I have set.

She started in 3 pulls with her finely tuned Walbro 990 and away she went around the parking lot to get warmed up. I took her all the way to the end and commanded her to ludicrus speed as she came by me. As she passes by, I turn to follow her and find that one of the latecomers had stopped his Blazer right in the path of my pretty Dunerunner.

So the damage is not as bad as I expected. New A Frame, new Diff cup, CVD, and I need a chasis now.

I think I can get away with running 2WD after I swap the A Frame out. That will get me back on the road until the order I just placed with RC Dad gets here :D

The worst part of this whole mess though is that my buddy was holding the radar gun, saw the accident, and said to me " I clocked it at: ZERO"

A-Hole... ha ha ha
Sucks man. Will get ya your parts ASAP!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I almost wish I had hit metal on the blazer, but it hit a tire... The guy driving it is a pretty good guy though so I would have felt bad if I damaged his car too. I would have loved to see it hit another RC car like that though... would have demolished it :D
Just remember the faster they are the harder they wreck. :p

Chief409

RCDAD said:
Just remember the faster they are the harder they wreck. :p
No kidding! Got to the MaxAmps site and watch the video in the "Over 70 MPH Club" where a guy had a front wheel come apart at around 160 mph. :eek:

Guantanamo Joe

Wouldn't bother me so much, but for 3 weeks I sat on 600 bucks trying to decide if I wanted parts or an xsc for the collection... 2 days after I finally decide on the xsc, this...

Good news is that now I'll have an xsc to play with until she's fixed :D

G

No kidding! Got to the MaxAmps site and watch the video in the "Over 70 MPH Club" where a guy had a front wheel come apart at around 160 mph.
Those guys deserve to wreck. LOL JK!

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Ahaha! That would've been awesome.

Guantanamo Joe

Update:

As of last night I have straightened the chasis, replaced ANOTHER A frame, and removed the dogbones from the center linkage forward. Took it for a little test run and damn this thing is like a whole new buggy!

I don't know how the Baja guys control it! It has an amazing a mount of power to the rear wheels now and at high speeds straight is the only thing you can do if you don't want the ass to outrun the front.

I am waiting on my parts to take her back to 4wd, but for now this is going to get interesting :D

mulepic

I think tires play a big role in it. I'm not sure if you're still running the stock tires but they don't have the greatest amount of grip. I'd like to find a set for street running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts