• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need Upgraded Screws/Nuts. HELP

Silent_chaos

Sup.

so the screws/threads of my XB are loosening up pretty fast. (even with lock-tight). So can anyone link me from where I can get an UPGRADED (better quality from the stock) full set of screws/nuts for the XB?

Deluge

Rcscrewz kits are fine, as long as you only use them when threading into plastic. Steel is better when threading into metal.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
Rcscrewz kits are fine, as long as you only use them when threading into plastic. Steel is better when threading into metal.
i am wondering whether to go Stainless Steel for the XB alone

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info.php/stainless-screw-kits-cars-trucks/redcat-racing-screw-kits/p/rcr012-redcat-racing-1-5-rampage-xb-stainless-steel/cPath/1_477/products_id/4007

OR

Just go get the BULK KIT (dunno if Stainless Steel tho)

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info.php/rcparts/bulk-screw-kits/p/mrm004-monster-bulk-kit-for-1-5-offorad-onroad-900piece/cPath/60/products_id/3772

any tips?

Deluge

Not sure if the bulk kit would cover every screw on the XB. Best bet would be to look at the manual and compare sizes, just to make sure you're covered. If you get the kit made for the XB, you know you're getting everything you need, aside from a couple of odd ball screws that every R/C kit tends to have.

G

I use the RCScrewz kits and they are great. They are stainless kits and cover most of the screws on the vehicle plus extras. There are a few that don't come in the kit, for example, the servo horn screw.

Trip..

When you use the Loctite, are you waiting 24 hours for it to fully cure? If you apply it and go out to play, the screws will back out almost every time.

Sergio

I learned that lesson the hard way i have lost almost every screw on my truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.