• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need to upgrade the XB-E

Rampage_Rob

I ran it this weekend and it went okay after I replaced the Pinion that came loose on the first run.

I have a jump close to my house which is over 8 foot tall and with the Revo I can get more than 70 feet. I managed to get about 50 feet with the Rampage but some upgrades are required to get it to control, to get more distance, and to make it a little more robust.

I need to...

To make more robust:

Fix the front diff (broke it see pics below)

Add a stiffener between the two shock towers

Maybe upgrade the shock towers to aluminum

TBone Basher bumpers and skid plates

Snapped the wing off on the second jump. Need a more robust wing.

To improve the control:

Bigger tires. With larger tires I will be able to control it while it's in the air. Currently when I give it throttle it does nothing. need more mass on the wheels to get it to rotate wen I hit the throttle or brake. Any recommendations on tires and/or adapters?

Speed:

I am hoping when I go bigger tires I get some speed out of the basic gear change. My concern is there will not be enough power if I go bigger on the tires. Does anyone have any experience with larger tires on this rig? Does it help the top speed?

Is there a clutch upgrade for this rig?

Anyway, I like the truck and I think with some minor upgrades it will do what I want (will be fun!). any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Pictures of the carnage below.

IMAG0760_zps951f705c.jpg

IMAG0761_zps79e544a9.jpg

G

Covers diffs? Their whole shop started with the XBE. :)

Upgraded chassis eliminates flex, so no need to tie the towers together. They also sell a stiffer brace.

They have upgraded bearing holders and c-hubs.

They sell an awesome motor mount accepting larger motors and gearing options.

Get the Baja wheel adapters for better wheel / tire options.

They sell shock towers.

See... Way more than just diffs. ;)

There is no clutch in the XBE. With a larger motor you will need to upgrade the esc.

There is soooo much that can be done with the XBE. It really is a great platform to build on. Your are only really limited on your budget.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts