• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

need help belt drive installation

Ice_2k

New ones come with the 4-pin drive

reefertech

No my Mt Pro V3 has 4 pin gears, Chimera came with square, thats why I originally asked for help. these are my first Redcats and was unfamiliar with the different versions of gear setup.

Phill

reefertech said:
No my Mt Pro V3 has 4 pin gears, Chimera came with square, thats why I originally asked for help. these are my first Redcats and was unfamiliar with the different versions of gear setup.
I didn't realise the new ones came with 4 pin

That's an improvement over the old cast gears

I had to convert my DR from square to pin but still have the old plate and shafts

Phill

designed2survive said:
Which one is better? 4 pins or square drive and why?
I prefer the pin type

The metal seems to be more durable than the square drive and not shatter.

I'm not sure but the square drives seem to be cast while the pin drives may be machined?

Anyway I wouldn't go back to the squares

rcgasser

Phill said:
I prefer the pin typeThe metal seems to be more durable than the square drive and not shatter.

I'm not sure but the square drives seem to be cast while the pin drives may be machined?

Anyway I wouldn't go back to the squares
Yea but after a while you will notice that you are missing a few pins!!!!!

Phill

rcgasser said:
Yea but after a while you will notice that you are missing a few pins!!!!!
Yep that happens but you just glue em back in with red Loctite and they don't come out again.

If you lose em you just replace em with a piece of drill shank the appropriate size.

rcgasser

Phill said:
Yep that happens but you just glue em back in with red Loctite and they don't come out again.If you lose em you just replace em with a piece of drill shank the appropriate size.
LOL but I was talking about the outside pins that holds the gaers on before I switched to the 2 speed i had to change the pin hub twice because 3 or 2 of the pins had broken off.

Phill

rcgasser said:
LOL but I was talking about the outside pins that holds the gaers on before I switched to the 2 speed i had to change the pin hub twice because 3 or 2 of the pins had broken off.
They're the ones I was talking about

Never had one break though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts