• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need help about two screws on my truck??

G

You can loosen them if you need to I have just put a little force on the engine and got them in. Honestly the tight engine keeps them from sliding around until you get the screws threaded.

Deluge

Yannik said:
Hi again Deluge, The guy who worked on my truck took the two (screw/engine mount (#50022) under the engine like on the picture but the problem is that I can't put the two metal piece called engine mount anymore, it's too tight probably due because of the engine weight. Do you know how to losen the engine so I can fit these two pieces again? Is an important piece because the engine is really tight.

Thanks,

Yanniik
Loosen the three bolts in the gear plate, tilt the engine and slide the spacers in.

These bolts...

25a6ddx.jpg

Yannik

Small technical problem and a question related to the Kill Switch?

Wow, thank you so much guys, it worked fine! About the three bolts in the gear plate that I've loosen, there was one bolt that when I started to tight it, I realized the thread inside was ripped so I can't tight. Should I put some strong glue or something because these are the ones that hold the engine?

I have a question for the ones who hve a Killer Bee Kill Switch installed on there Rampage Mt! When I turn the switch of my Receiver "On", you can hear the speaker beeping loud and see the light blinking but when I turn my Transmitter switch "On", the light stops blinking but the speaker is still beeping? Is the speaker supposed to stop beeping when both transmitter & receiver are turn "On" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Wow, thank you so much guys, it worked fine! About the three bolts in the gear plate that I've loosen, there was one bolt that when I started to tight it, I realized the thread inside was ripped so I can't tight. Should I put some strong glue or something because these are the ones that hold the engine?
Yes you should use some thread lock on all bolts and screws that thread into metal. The Blue loctite works good.

G

I have a question for the ones who hve a Killer Bee Kill Switch installed on there Rampage Mt! When I turn the switch of my Receiver "On", you can hear the speaker beeping loud and see the light blinking but when I turn my Transmitter switch "On", the light stops blinking but the speaker is still beeping? Is the speaker supposed to stop beeping when both transmitter & receiver are turn "On" ?
The buzzer only makes noise if the kill switch has stopped the engine. Try turning the transmitter on first and the receiver on second.

Yannik

RCDAD said:
The buzzer only makes noise if the kill switch has stopped the engine. Try turning the transmitter on first and the receiver on second.
Yeah, I did that but everytime I turn my receiver on, it is normal that the speaker beep but as soon as I turn my transmitter On, the light stop blinking but the speaker keeps beeping? Usualy, it would stop.

About loctite, I got the blue and red, which one is better? Does the loctite works a bit like crazy glue for a screw with damage threads? is it better you think.

G

Yeah, I did that but everytime I turn my receiver on, it is normal that the speaker beep but as soon as I turn my transmitter On, the light stop blinking but the speaker keeps beeping? Usualy, it would stop.
What if the transmitter is on first? Turn on the receiver second. Does it stay beeping when the receiver is turned on after the transmitter?

Yannik

I believe the speaker was stopping to beep when the transmitter & receiver was both on but since I've put/squeezed the extra wires from the servos in a shrink tube, the speaker doesn't stopped anymore when both transmitter & receiver are switch to on, it keeps beeping!

G

About loctite, I got the blue and red, which one is better? Does the loctite works a bit like crazy glue for a screw with damage threads? is it better you think.
The red is stronger. It will hold the bolt in even if the threads are compromized.

G

Yannik said:
I believe the speaker was stopping to beep when the transmitter & receiver was both on but since I've put/squeezed the extra wires from the servos in a shrink tube, the speaker doesn't stopped anymore when both transmitter & receiver are switch to on, it keeps beeping!
It is suppose to make noise to indicate a problem. When the truck is running and the bee kills power it will make the noise. There are several conditions that cause the bee to trigger a shut down. I know you have been working on setting up your MT. Is you battery fully charged? The bee will shut things down and beep if your battery has low voltage.

Deluge

Yannik said:
Wow, thank you so much guys, it worked fine! About the three bolts in the gear plate that I've loosen, there was one bolt that when I started to tight it, I realized the thread inside was ripped so I can't tight. Should I put some strong glue or something because these are the ones that hold the engine? I have a question for the ones who hve a Killer Bee Kill Switch installed on there Rampage Mt! When I turn the switch of my Receiver "On", you can hear the speaker beeping loud and see the light blinking but when I turn my Transmitter switch "On", the light stops blinking but the speaker is still beeping? Is the speaker supposed to stop beeping when both transmitter & receiver are turn "On" ?
Blue Loctite will hold the bolt in place, dude.

Turn the transmitter on first, and then the receiver.

Deluge

Yannik said:
Double check your connections. Make sure they're all tight.

Yannik

Thank you RCDAD & Deluge!

It's still beeping when I either put the receiver or transmitter On at first! I truly believe it's a connection problem because it's started doing this after I squeezed the wires in a shrink tube.

About the screw for the engine plate, have you ever heard of someone having a similar problem?....I'm very surprised that one of the only 3 screws that hold my engine is basically no good:confused:, well the threads are quite damage only from unscrewing the bolt/screw! I will put the red loctite, it is high strenght and pray that it will hold tight inside because I don't plan on unscrewing these bolts again!!

About your redcat's, can you hear easily the servo, it seems like they're always fight a bit together even though I set it from the steering link? Do you have another alternative...

Last edited by a moderator:
G

About your redcat's, can you hear easily the servo, it seems like they're always fight a bit together even though I set it from the steering link? Do you have another alternative...
The easiest way to tell is to take both servo arms off. I bet they won't make noise.

G

the screw for the engine plate, have you ever heard of someone having a similar problem?....I'm very surprised that one of the only 3 screws that hold my engine is basically no good, well the threads are quite damage only from unscrewing the bolt/screw! I will put the red loctite, it is high strenght and pray that it will hold tight inside because I don't plan on unscrewing these bolts again!!
The aluminum in the engine case is soft it is easy for the bolts to get cross threaded. Add some loctite snug them up and it will be fine.

G

It's still beeping when I either put the receiver or transmitter On at first! I truly believe it's a connection problem because it's started doing this after I squeezed the wires in a shrink tube.
That could cause the problem if you have a bad connection. It can't hurt to double check everything.

Deluge

Yannik said:
Thank you RCDAD & Deluge!It's still beeping when I either put the receiver or transmitter On at first! I truly believe it's a connection problem because it's started doing this after I squeezed the wires in a shrink tube.

About the screw for the engine plate, have you ever heard of someone having a similar problem?....I'm very surprised that one of the only 3 screws that hold my engine is basically no good:confused:, well the threads are quite damage only from unscrewing the bolt/screw! I will put the red loctite, it is high strenght and pray that it will hold tight inside because I don't plan on unscrewing these bolts again!!

The bolt will hold, dude. The dual servo setup will always make noise. They'll always fight each other to some extent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts