• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need Engine Help!! AAAHHHHH..

Stumpdiggitty

alright pro gassers out there, got a problem i need help diagnosing... had the truck out yesterday and it ran fine. Broke it out this afternoon and it wont go.. well, it will go, idles fine, but when i hit the gas (rather it be full throttle or just a lil bit) it boggs down bad and wants to die:confused:. tried adjusting the carb settings back to stock, once again it will idle all day long, but bogg when i give it gas. If i try to hold the gas down, it will rev and burn out a lil but then just boggs and dies.. I've put the carb back to factory setting and it does the same thing. richen it up-same thing..lean it out..same damn thing.. car was running wonderfully yesterday.. i don't get it. I didnt mess with any settings before i ran it today.. help me out guys!!

ChuenouXiao

Stumpdiggitty said:
alright pro gassers out there, got a problem i need help diagnosing... had the truck out yesterday and it ran fine. Broke it out this afternoon and it wont go.. well, it will go, idles fine, but when i hit the gas (rather it be full throttle or just a lil bit) it boggs down bad and wants to die:confused:. tried adjusting the carb settings back to stock, once again it will idle all day long, but bogg when i give it gas. If i try to hold the gas down, it will rev and burn out a lil but then just boggs and dies.. I've put the carb back to factory setting and it does the same thing. richen it up-same thing..lean it out..same damn thing.. car was running wonderfully yesterday.. i don't get it. I didnt mess with any settings before i ran it today.. help me out guys!!
I think it could be your stock carb? I heard they don't hold tune very well. Everything is stock right? You should get the 990 carb....

Last edited by a moderator:

Stumpdiggitty

No, its not stock. Ive got a gp290 with a 990 carb on, just put that carb on to try & Solve the issue, but it acts the same. Had a 668 on when it started Acting up today

Stumpdiggitty

Yes, rolls fine. Just when I go to go... It boggs, so I let off the throttle and the idle will go up a bit, then go back Down to normal. But everytime I, try and accelerate, it, just boggs. Full throttle it and it will just bogg out then die

Stumpdiggitty

Is the return fuel lis suposse to have bubbles in it? I noticed that today. Never noticed before

ChuenouXiao

Stumpdiggitty said:
Is the return fuel lis suposse to have bubbles in it? I noticed that today. Never noticed before
1. Make sure your fuel line are not torn anywhere.

2. Check all gasket on engine and carb to make sure there is no broken gasket or leak. Use can air to check for air leak.

3. Is your air filter clean? Is it too soak in gas, dirt or oil? Sometime that causes issue too.

4. Maybe your intake manifold or insulator for your carb is warp? The can air leak check should help you with indentifying this.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Is your fuel tank vented?
Oh yea! That too.....vented or don't tighten the tank cap too tight... just loosen the cap a little enough to where it still hold on the tank but doesn't come loose. This is a quick check to see if its not vented is causing the issue :D

Stumpdiggitty

Can the air filter being too oily cause this? I washed it and will check tom if thats the problem. Thats all I can do for now, checked lines etc, don't seem to be and leaks. Whats this plastic piece I heard someone saym can warp? Wheres that? Ill check that as well. Blown hg maybe?

ChuenouXiao

Stumpdiggitty said:
Can the air filter being too oily cause this? I washed it and will check tom if thats the problem. Thats all I can do for now, checked lines etc, don't seem to be and leaks. Whats this plastic piece I heard someone saym can warp? Wheres that? Ill check that as well. Blown hg maybe?
This is the piece I'm talking about. Over time peeps complain that this piece warp due to heat.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.876/.f

Peep tend to upgrade to these cause they are aluminum and does not warp over time.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4574/.f

Stumpdiggitty

Lol. I have one of those in my cart. I didnt know the one that was on there Was plastic. Ill check that tom too. Thanks for the input everyone. New engine, was running great until today.

ChuenouXiao

Stumpdiggitty said:
Lol. I have one of those in my cart. I didnt know the one that was on there Was plastic. Ill check that tom too. Thanks for the input everyone. New engine, was running great until today.
It's a matter of troubleshooting :D One by one... but if you are good... you know exactly what's wrong :D but that takes time....

Stumpdiggitty

Ok guys, got the xsc bck up n runnin, for now. Cleaned the air filter. It was clean already, but my bro thought maybe I put tooo much oil on it. So I did tht. Next thing was my fuel tank im guessing. A week ago, my stock grommet pretty much crumbled as I was taking it out to run a new filter and lines. Wht I disnt notice was all the crumbles tht fell into tank at this time, so I dumped the fuel and cleaned out the tank, and put clean gas in. Didnt get to drive it outside cuz its earky and my truck is loud, so I ran it in circles in my garage. Did some donuts and burnouts and the truck didnt bog one time. Reved to high rmps w/O bogging and had good power. So far so good I guess. We'll see when I go run it later. Seems to be back to its good ol self again. Funny how something so small can ness up everything!

G

Good to hear you got it sorted.

Stumpdiggitty

had it sorted.. now it boggs at full throttle. put the carb setting back to stock, and still bogging at full throttle and only once i open it up all the way. I had to use a different carb gasket.. could that be it? I had to use the gasket between the carb and manifold, with 2 small holes opposite the screw holes..wont have a new gasket to try until wednesday. any ideas or suggestions? plugged jet or something?

Stumpdiggitty

also, just when i went and tried to start it, it started with a high idle, i hit the gas a bit to rev up a lil, and it bogged out and died. wont start now and the primer bulb is empty and wont suck in any fuel when i try and prime it. it just stays empty...????? something aint right

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts