• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need close up pic of your throttle servo

XDEEDUBBX

I finally received my replacement throttle servo from redcat. Need your help! I can't get the adjustment on the springs right, it's not opening up the throttle body. Can someone post a close up detailed pic of your throttle servo area including the springs and those metal rods? Thanks!

XDEEDUBBX

mine looks completely different than yours. im still lost here lol

G

Here is a pic of mine the motor is out. The link on the right is what goes to the carb. You need to make sure your servo arm is mounted when the servo is in the neutral position. You should also check the end points and trim on the transmitter.

--

111082df.jpg

XDEEDUBBX

oh ok, I was tightening the small screws down when the servo are was diagonal. So when the servo arm is flat across that means its in the neutral position?

G

Neutral is the spot between forward and reverse. With your arm off wire your servo and turn on your receiver and transmitter. That will be neutral if your not on the trigger and your trim is zero. Now that you have neutral on the servo you can mount the arm as shown in the photo.

XDEEDUBBX

Update,

So I got the throttle part working great, the problem I have now is my brakes. Im sure I have the brakes setup wrong, but I tried setting it up copying the pic from the redcat website but that didn't work, I tried some tinkering and got it to work but now the brakes just lock up like crazy, not gradually.

2011-12-21%2B08.46.05.jpg

2011-12-21%2B08.45.52.jpg

help me please!

Deluge

Did you set your EPA? The MT brakes are aggressive. There are two set screws behind the brake pads, try backing them out a little and see if that helps.

XDEEDUBBX

I will look for those screws, thanks for info.

Can someone with an MT version 3 post up a pic of their throttle servo setup?

Deluge said:
Did you set your EPA? The MT brakes are aggressive. There are two set screws behind the brake pads, try backing them out a little and see if that helps.

XDEEDUBBX

Ok so I finally got the brake and throttle working fine but for some odd reason i lose throttle and brake signal. My steering is fine but after a minute i lose throttle and brake signal. In order for me to get it going again I have to turn off electricity,after that it will start to work fine but after that minute im back to square one. Im charging the battery up right now and will test it out again in the morning. Sorry if i didnt make much sense, had too many holiday drinks today lol.·

Deluge

XDEEDUBBX said:
Ok so I finally got the brake and throttle working fine but for some odd reason i lose throttle and brake signal. My steering is fine but after a minute i lose throttle and brake signal. In order for me to get it going again I have to turn off electricity,after that it will start to work fine but after that minute im back to square one. Im charging the battery up right now and will test it out again in the morning. Sorry if i didnt make much sense, had too many holiday drinks today lol.·
Are you running the stock failsafe? Those are known to cause issues. You might want to try a rebind, as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts