• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need advice on changing/protecting air filter on Rampage MT?

Yannik

Hi,

I was looking at the air filter on the rampage mt and I was wondering if I got the right gear and if I need extra part, let me explain. I've bought:

1 X "Redneck" Dual Stage Filter by TGN for Baja 5b SS 5T

1 X Outerwear Pre-Filter for HPI Baja 5b Stock Air Filter

1 X Air Filter Foam Element

Are these 3 items compatible with the Rampage MT?

The part I'm really not sure is the Angled "Short Stack" Foam Filter, do I need that for the rampage mt pro v3?

Also, I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with these two oil can products: Klotz Fabric Filter Oil Aerosol http://www.largescalerc.com/klotzfabricfilteroil-aerosol-pt.aspx and Klotz Foam Filter Oil Aerosol http://www.largescalerc.com/klotzfoamfilteroil-aerosol-pt.aspx? Well, I mistakely bought the Foam Filter Oil instead of the Fabric Filter Oil and now, I am wondering if I can use this foam oil to oil the air filter of my Truck? I will appreciate any help concerning these problems. :D

Thanks,

Yannik

Yannik

Hi Rob,

Thanks, but do I need to buy the plastic parts or just the foam?

I appreciate your help by the way! :cool:

fetish636

Contributor
I'm almost positive you need it all plastic and foam but im sure you could make something work trim a little foam off or something.

Yannik

Thanks guys but I'm still wondering if the Klotz Foam Filter Oil which I bought by mistake instead of the Fabric Filter Oil, is good to use to oil the air filter of my rampage mt? :D

RampageHopUps

The foam, filter oil is used on the blue inner fitler. The grey filter or the redneck filter are not oiled. Not sure why you would need fabric filter oil, never used it myself.

Yannik

Great, thanks Chevy! By the way, do you use a special brand for Spark Plug? I saw some Champion spark plug RZ7C for Baja on Ebay and I was wondering if they're compatible with the Rampage MT ?

fetish636

Contributor
hpi filter

I just got the hpi filter kit i have not put it on yet, Will it fit without anything else or do i need the angled shredstack to make it work? Thanks!

Deluge

You don't need an angled shreadstack, but it's convenient if you have it. The HPI filter will work without modification, you just need to cross the linkages on the throttle/brake servo for clearance reasons. If you get the shreadstack, you won't have to cross the linkages.

DemonRC

The FG air filter system is very good also. I like it because the base is slightly offset which lets the filter clear the throttle. Ease of maintainance is the same as the HPI style too. I run it with an Outerwares and never had a spec of dirt come close to the carb. Overall I wouldn't care which one I ran. Both are pretty much on par with each other. Just don't slap on a FG clone filter. The foam elements are cheap and do not filter as well as the original FG foam.

media.nl?id=2834&c=885035&h=edc4fe7a0f843b951677.jpg media.nl?id=2848&c=885035&h=59c24a689786caf217fc.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts