• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MY XB build

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
Got all of my new 7075 parts installed today. Also replacd my fuel lines and vented the gas cap. Going to the track on saturday. Hope it does good. :eek:

005-24.jpg

002-32.jpg

003-29.jpg

G

Just checkin out you wheels. What are they and what road tires do you have mounted?

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
they are GRP 5B tires. They came preglued on wheels. I found them on sale on line. I thought the tread looked a bit more agressive in the picture and bought 2 sets. They seem to be more of a street tire. I am going to try them out on the track this weekend.

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
jeffp83 said:
Nice build, looks great! What is the flowsystem piece on top of the fan shroud?
Thanks.

That is the head kit from Flowsystem Racing on the TS motor he built for me in my wifes 5B.

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
here is an update to my XB project.

I noticed a lot of grub screws starting backing out on the drive line areas. so I completely tore it down and started adding red threadlocker to all drive line parts. The green wicking loc-tite didn't hold up to the track.

001-40.jpg

I'm also trying to put the mt arms on there but having a fitment concern at the hinge pin at the diff area. I seem to have some front to back movement in the arm where it mounts on the hinge pin at the diff.

I have a new motor being built for me now as well. I cant find a tuned pipe that i like so I am going with a G290 that will be ported to run off of the 5T can better.

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
cordy said:
Ok on the green locktite not holding up on the track,are you going to stiffen the chassis?
I am still trying to find out the best way to stiffen it up. once I get it going again I will look back into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts