• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MY XB build

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
I started my XB build today.I went right from the box to the operating table. So far I plan on upgrading the electronics, 5B air filter, 5B wheel adapters and engine upgrade. I am also checking my metal to metal screws for the loc-tite and adding as needed.

Please feel free to throw up any recommendations for my build.

001-35.jpg

002-29.jpg

003-26.jpg

G

Mmmmm, looks like carved xb for dinner. Lol. Ya might want to think of some 7075 hubs with upgraded bearings. Also Demons two speed as soon as it comes out. I also have on on the way and can't wait to rip into it.

G

For got to mention that stock pipe is a turd. I'm assuming you have something better in mind for the engine upgrade:)

Jester

Not sure if they are upgrading the aluminum brake hex on these to steel. I would replace it if it's aluminum. Goodluck. And congrats on the new rig! What motor and pipe combo?

cordy

A kill switch is in order if you don't have one. Also if your going to race it beef up the differential housing were the bearing is for the drive cup. We are blowing them here at the chicago track. Demon has a good idea you can find it in the suspension and drive train thread. Good luck on your build. Have fun and enjoy.

my79cutty

cordy said:
A kill switch is in order if you don't have one. Also if your going to race it beef up the differential housing were the bearing is for the drive cup. We are blowing them here at the chicago track. Demon has a good idea you can find it in the suspension and drive train thread. Good luck on your build. Have fun and enjoy.
+1 on this

alfred e numan

congrats on your xb

I ran my buggy about 1/2 hour, pulled the shocks, bought a can of CRC electronic cleaner at Wal-Mart, an assortment of Lucas silicone shock fluid, A tube of Losi green slime for the 4 O-rings on the shock shafts, I am running on a football field- and the fairly steep hill that is alongside 1/2 of the field. The heaver oils caused the suspension to pack down- settled for 25 wt-front-rear. Bought 1 set or GRP fronts-1 set buggy rears medium compound- From Go-Nad- lighter- bolt on and run! The buggy likes the 4 front Bulldog tires- nearly too much traction. Next thing to do is pull the diffs and lube- I run about 20-22 MM race sag- front- rear. After installing the jet-pro rear mount I will experment with a set of stronger rear springs- Python racing has them on the cheap- 17.00 good deal. -- Have fun with your new car, and blow the carbon outta it after you heat cycle it a few times!!!!

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
I got my kill switch, servos and 4Pk installed. Got my motor in. I have already ordered the 7075 hubs and bearings. I am taking it out first thing tomorrow for its first run.

G

Good luck. What motor upgrade did you end up doing? Look forward to some pics. I am also working on a new xb.

G

Nice. Look forward to seeing more pics.

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
Well I didn't put any thread locker on the steering servo arm bolt so we had about 5 min of running with the xb befpre it came out. But the wife's baja with a FLOWSYSTEM RACING TS 30.5 ran great.

here are a few pics from today

008-12.jpg

004-26.jpg

003-28.jpg

G

Nice. I have to say I love the rotation of the pipe manifold to access the bolts. My Jetpro side mount is a pain to get to the screw behind the bend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts