• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XT

powerslave69

heat shield

IVIayheIVI said:
My friend took some video of my XT on his iPhone:
have you tried covering the body with some heat shield? My bud has an XB and he was having problem the jetpro pipe warping the body so we covered it with some "heatshield" you can find them on ebay. Seems to be working.

IVIayheIVI

I've got a bit of heatshield which I intend to use when/if I get the X-Can installed and I like how it performs. On the other hand, I hate having to remove the body every time I want to start it. Haha! I might see what I can do about that. I saw an adapter on a recoil that extends the handle that was interesting.

powerslave69

let me know

IVIayheIVI said:
I've got a bit of heatshield which I intend to use when/if I get the X-Can installed and I like how it performs. On the other hand, I hate having to remove the body every time I want to start it. Haha! I might see what I can do about that. I saw an adapter on a recoil that extends the handle that was interesting.
hey, if you're successful with that recoil adapter, let me know as this is the reason I sometimes don't bother mounting the body after I crank the motor. I've only seen one guy with a baja 5T do this. He cut the back window of his 5T to have access to the pull start. It looked crappy but at least he didn't have to remove the body every time he starts the motor.

someone should have worked this out as I see this all the time down at the track where I live and most of the time I would see guys tossing the body of their trucks on the side coz' you have to admit it's a hassle.

powerslave69

I hear ya

IVIayheIVI said:
Climbin' a hill. Love 4WD.
there's just no substitute for 4WD. So they can all have their Bajas and Baja all they want, I'll be a Ramper for life. Been eyeballing an MT lately.

IVIayheIVI

I think I broke it...

[ame]

[/ame]
Seriously though, that bumper has taken a massive beating. I've watched the truck springboard off that thing a number of times. Bad jumps, cartwheels.... I've seen it dig up dirt and kick it in the air.

Oh well, I have two more on the way. :p

Notice when it shoots off to the right and I mention something about a shopping cart. If you look close in the video, there is a blue shopping cart burried in the dirt there, sticking out of the ground a couple inches. It was a pain in the ass, often sending the truck in a different direction as I was approaching.

Yeah, a lot of garbage out there but still fun as hell. If/when I return, I might take the effort to move those cut trees and shopping carts out of the way at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts