• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XT

powerslave69

Love it

IVIayheIVI said:
Unpacking day. Yes, very clean, but don't worry.... it's dirty now. :D
View attachment 3949

View attachment 3950

Had it prepped for the Killer B and HPI air filter, which did not come that day:

View attachment 3951

View attachment 3952
That puppy is so clean, it's almost a sin :D

Got the same one, well, actually 2. I pimped one of 'em. Being in a small town, no one here has ever seen a 5th scale. so I keep one of 'em sparkling clean for demo and sold 3 so far. But I got a friendly visit from one our friendly law enforcement officers the other day. Seems one of the kids (16 yrs. old,but didn't matter) I sold it to was running his XT on the road and got a taste of the wrath of his neighbors. so, he started pointing fingers and the rest wasn't pretty.

Anyway, show us some dirty photos! Love to see some :D

mjp777

Hows that pipe it comes with? I am thinking about maybe trying on on my Rampage TT / MT V3

powerslave69

sounds great

mjp777 said:
Hows that pipe it comes with? I am thinking about maybe trying on on my Rampage TT / MT V3
mine sounds great. My other XT has a jetpro. I'm gonna change it to DDM though. If you're interested in a stock pipe, let me know, it only has a few hours of runtime in it.

IVIayheIVI

Flat tire :( View attachment 3978 New servos going in... View attachment 3979 Regular servo (throttle) vs steering servo View attachment 3980 Prepped for kill switch installation View attachment 3981

DSC03296.JPG

DSC03298.JPG

DSC03299.JPG

DSC03302.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03296.JPG.d59c68943cb38b4abfc792087058f472.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03298.JPG.94938338890f8ad930da1c7a31c9436e.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03299.JPG.116152e15803bdf8d2fbfcb8b18ee600.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03302.JPG.4f8757edc3b77abcbff0730b484d33ef.JPG

Triggerman77

Contributor
Yup! Looks good I love to see a dirty truck ! That way u know its been played with :D

BTW hows your tires holding up ??

IVIayheIVI

Well, that one tire came unglued. There's no HS in town, so I hit up a hardware store, they suggested i try Weldbond. More like Wussbag, cuz I EASILY pulled it apart by hand. So I took a cruise on my motorbike to the next city (45 mins) and picked up some glue at the HS there. That stuff sticks real good, have had some on my hand for 2 days. ;)

Haven't run it yet since then. Now that I got my box of goodies, I've been working on upgrading as you can see in the pics. Should be running tonight, all I have left to do is put the new receiver in with the Killer B, hook up and test the servos and install the new HPI air filter. I'll run a couple more tanks through before installing my Jetpro pipe.

glenn201

powerslave69 said:
mine sounds great. My other XT has a jetpro. I'm gonna change it to DDM though. If you're interested in a stock pipe, let me know, it only has a few hours of runtime in it.
what pipe does ddm make for the red cat

rob64n

Contributor
powerslave69 said:
why would you put a DDM pipe on it. you do know it won't mount up, right

IVIayheIVI

So, I bent up my Jetpro pipe again today. Ran the truck about 5 minutes and was NOT planning on any jumps because I didn't want to bend this pipe again so soon after straightening it. Well, I found a bump in the grass and off it goes... cartwheeled it again. Bent the pipe... again. It was pressing against the rear shocks so that ended my joy ride.It took the help of a friend, a torch and a bench vice to straighten it the first time. The vice was at his dad's place, I don't have access to one here. So what to do....Well, I ended up doing a "slight" modification to the pipe. Here's a couple pics: View attachment 4027 View attachment 4028 So a block of wood and a hacksaw to do a little trimming, then a pair of vice grips to pinch the opening a bit to try and create a little back pressure. I don't think I have to worry about bending the exhaust now. :rolleyes:Shed a tear for my Jetpro if you like. I took a bit of pleasure in hacking through it after all the grief it's caused me. It sounded and performed very well..... but if you're gonna put a Jetpro on your XT, get a side mount.I've already ordered an X-Can to see how that performs as it's inside the main structure of the truck and therefore protected from my bashing habits. I'm sure I won't get the same performance, but I guarantee I'll get a lot more run time without having to do exhaust work.

DSC03332.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03332.JPG.d9013d17eb58de6f6f3cabade4544427.JPG

/monthly_2011_05/DSC03333.JPG.47bb9d88468d8c760da7766596127a6a.JPG

powerslave69

thanks for the info

IVIayheIVI said:
So, I bent up my Jetpro pipe again today. Ran the truck about 5 minutes and was NOT planning on any jumps because I didn't want to bend this pipe again so soon after straightening it. Well, I found a bump in the grass and off it goes... cartwheeled it again. Bent the pipe... again. It was pressing against the rear shocks so that ended my joy ride.
It took the help of a friend, a torch and a bench vice to straighten it the first time. The vice was at his dad's place, I don't have access to one here. So what to do....

Well, I ended up doing a "slight" modification to the pipe. Here's a couple pics:

View attachment 4027

View attachment 4028

So a block of wood and a hacksaw to do a little trimming, then a pair of vice grips to pinch the opening a bit to try and create a little back pressure. I don't think I have to worry about bending the exhaust now. :rolleyes:

Shed a tear for my Jetpro if you like. I took a bit of pleasure in hacking through it after all the grief it's caused me. It sounded and performed very well..... but if you're gonna put a Jetpro on your XT, get a side mount.

I've already ordered an X-Can to see how that performs as it's inside the main structure of the truck and therefore protected from my bashing habits. I'm sure I won't get the same performance, but I guarantee I'll get a lot more run time without having to do exhaust work.
My bud is almost ready to order a rear mount jetpro. I'll pass this along so he might consider the side mount. But I heard the side pipe will melt your body though. I bought a rear mount, but before I could run it, some guy bought it off me and made a small profit out of that deal. nice thing about where I live, most guys don't know, never heard of or just new to 5th scale. So far everything I bought for my XT was sold to guys I sold XTs' to. They don't want to wait, so I end up making a small profit. Last one I sold was killer V. these guys are loaded, they don't care and he paid me almost twice what I paid for it :D

IVIayheIVI

My friend took some video of my XT on his iPhone:

[ame]

[/ame]
There's more coming, I just need to get the clips edited, joined and uploaded. Ran outta time last night. I'll work on them tonight again.

powerslave69

sounds like a dirt bike

IVIayheIVI said:
My friend took some video of my XT on his iPhone:
man, I love that sound, reminds me of my 2-stroke dirt bike. I got jetpro on my XT but it doesn't sound quite like yours. What pipe do you have? Love that sound!! More VIDS!!! :D Dude, put some clothes on that puppy! I do that too, sometimes I get lazy to put the body on!! :D hehe

IVIayheIVI

Scroll up to find the pics of my "modified" Jetpro. Haha! Yeah, if I put the body on, the pipe will melt it. It's curled in a bit due to melting from the stock exhaust.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Sorry for your misfortune!!

I Have Cartwheeled my truck off a 20 ft jump broke A-Arms and all kinds of shit but not one Scuff on my DDM Dominator side pipe !!! :D

Im now know the reason I will buy run a rear mount pipe. BC I Play Hard every time it cranks :D If it aint broke it aint been played with!!!!! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts