• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage TT

grf

what about gearing? what are you guys using?

redcat states 9.6:1 but is this 29-31,25-25 or 31-29,25-25?

i used both and noticed the difference only very tall grass that the 31-29-25-25 was taking a bit longer to come up to speed. with 31-29 i can keep up or go faster than bajas on straight line. if the ground is loose then oh well the transmitter goes out of range before they can catch up with the rampage. hill climbing is just a different league. i love this car.

kryptonite

hey grf. for the gearing in my TT im mostly run 31/29. i also mainly run large areas. it does slightly lack on the lower end, but they cant catch us anyway..lol.. if im running in tall grass or hilly section i will run the 29/31 to keep the clutch from smoking. just love the top speed.

grf

a small update.

my steering servo died so i installed a hitec and i had to modify the horn to make it the right length. well the pic says it all i guess.

IMG_0025.jpg

no other damages apart from the tires that just tear apart.

i thought my gears were cooked but look what was the prob

IMG_0048.jpg

after that i continued running for half a tank no cover on in an effort to kill them and install the metal ones i got since day one. guess what the gears are still alive.

grf

i forgot to mention that i installed front ss shocks at the back but i was not happy at all with them at the front so i modified the stock ones to make them a bit stronger (no they are not ss shafts)

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

grf

i finally got my tires last week (front proline desperado-bowtie) and had a test drive.

60km/h on short grass.

gearing 31/29

video and photos soon

max 1

I TO WISH they would make that shaft one piece also bout 2 set of brake sqare kits one sqaure was strait one was out of round.

grf

max 1 said:
I TO WISH they would make that shaft one piece also bout 2 set of brake sqare kits one sqaure was strait one was out of round.
i took it out and after inspecting it i put it back together with a lot of loctite.

let it dry for a week and have not touched it again.

it hold up good until now (2 sessions) but i always have a spare with me.

grf

just an update.

the front shock solution i have worked on is perfect for me.

i have used the hpi bottom cups with the smartech titan rear shock shafts that are nice fit on the stock front shock bodies. the only thing i had to do is drill out the stock ball end and there you go.

grf

had a small run yesterday and managed finally to destroy the plastic gears. i tried to install the metal ones but they bind together. after running up and down and applying wd-40 as i read on another thread they kept overheating (wd-40 was boiling). after examining the gears the problem seems to be at the 25t gears as they wear at the half of the teeth surface. when i try to roll the car it rolls for almost a full gear turn and then locks. either the gears are wobbly or the final shaft or the squares. any ideas on the issue ?

grf

the all around front bowtie tires are working well and they provide more traction than standard tires but they wear as fast. i will try to avoid running then on any hard surface and especially hard packed with small stones. the grip as i said is fantastic the car is hooked and most of the time it lifts the front internal wheel no matter were i run.

grf

it is just a g270 with the side dom pipe and hpi-outwears filter. nothing special at all.

the gearing is 31-29 25-25 (was as at the moment i do not have a working solution LOL )

fastlane

Team Driver
well it must be the tires that give it some extra umph. Those tires are holdin up in the grass and loose dirt right. I hate to beat the issue but I am about to purchase a set of tires but am still checkin out all possibilities

Obeast44

Banned
What gearing you running? If 29/31 get the desperado fronts with Mini MX V2's Hard compound. If your running 25/35 or maybe even 27/33 id get the split 6 fronts with MXTs all around. I understand there may be a better tire out there for racing but for pure durability I have yet to come across a better tire than what Hostile can make.

fastlane

Team Driver
yeah I am going with the hostile tires now I have to decide mini mx or at

grf

i believe at are a better option for bashing. a made a mistake with the bowtie as they are not going to last that is for sure on my tt. the mini mx i believe would be a better tires performance wise but the small pins would not last as the at huge tread IMO always.

an option that i would like to explore is the new proline rims for the 5t rear and the hostile knobby s hard compound for the same rim. that i believe would be a killer bash combo. tall for clearence without altering the arm-shaft geometry and durable. also not as wide as rears but not as narrow as fronts. next set i guess

grf

anyone with any info on the gear plate-gears? i checked other threads but non is referring to my issue (the usual is the gears wear).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.