• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage MT Pro

IVIayheIVI

So I got a new set of regular MT shocks to put on my rig. Ran into another problem. The cap on the regular shock has a smaller hole than the piggy backs.

Bushing.jpg

It looks the same, but no dice. So I took the caps from the piggy backs and put them on the new shocks.

Installed.jpg

Finally have this beast ready to go. Weather is warming up, just need things to dry and it's fun time!

LeftSide.jpg

My Summit 1/16 on top. Isn't it cute? :rolleyes:

Comparison.jpg

Again, sorry for the crappy pics.... lighting in my garage isn't great and it's just my phone's camera.

IVIayheIVI

So I got a new set of regular MT shocks to put on my rig. Ran into another problem. The cap on the regular shock has a smaller hole than the piggy backs.

Bushing.jpg

It looks the same, but no dice. So I took the caps from the piggy backs and put them on the new shocks.

Installed.jpg

IVIayheIVI

Finally have this beast ready to go. Weather is warming up, just need things to dry and it's fun time!

LeftSide.jpg

My Summit 1/16 on top. Isn't it cute? :rolleyes:

Comparison.jpg

Again, sorry for the crappy pics.... lighting in my garage isn't great and it's just my phone's camera.

IVIayheIVI

I've had the MT out a couple times now, though not for very long. Weeding out some weak points now. Here was the first break of the season:

2012-03-21184640.jpg

Luckily I had the parts to fix that right away, and now it's all dog bones. Those CVD's are really weak in comparison, I can see why they're so easy to break.

The next day, I got it out to a sand pit and it was awesome. I totally forgot to get my friend to shoot some video with my phone. I'll try to remember next time.... after I fix it again. Check this out:

2012-03-22202515.jpg

They melted. They literally turned into goo. Oh well, I wanted to gear it down anyway. It's hard to get it into the power band in a place like that sand pit, and that's the sort of place I like driving! I've ordered a full set of steel gears, 35Tx1 - 25Tx3. Then I'll be trying pretty hard to keep it on loose terrain. I get the feeling I'll start snapping drive shafts and diff cups if I take it on grass.

IVIayheIVI

Hey guys!

I'm still working on getting some videos up on youtube... I'm running Windows 8 Develper Preview on my pc right now, and youtube doesn't seem to like it so it's causing upload issues.

Anyway, here's a couple pics from my last outing.

How NOT to land a jump with your MT:

MTLanding.jpg

What happens when you do:

MTbroken.jpg

All in good fun. :D

IVIayheIVI

I ran my MT with TT tires yesterday... what a difference, it's like a whole different machine.

Granted, going from MT to TT tires made it look like it got castrated but otherwise it was awesome! I bashed it pretty good and it came home intact. It's only the second time it has come home running since I've owned it. I took some decent jumps and it took some hard landings. I know for a fact that if I had those MT tires on there taking those hits, it would have busted. One thing I noticed is that with the smaller tires on there, the bumper takes a beating instead of all that pressure going into the suspension and drive train.

Aside from the durability, it is also handling better. It's a lot less clumsy. The servos are breathing a sigh of relief turning these smaller tires too.

Only problem now is that it's geared too low. Does it ever launch tho! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts