• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage MT Pro

IVIayheIVI

So here's the first pics of my MT Pro. Picked it up used. Has a Zenoah engine, the guy I bought it off of said it's a 29cc and was really well ported by a shop in Toronto. Took it to my dad's this weekend and we built a roll cage for it. It's made of 1/4" steel rod. It's pretty light and really strong. Leaves lots of room to work on it.

View attachment 4493

View attachment 4494

View attachment 4497

View attachment 4498

IVIayheIVI

Thanks guys!

It wasn't all that hard to make really... took us about 4 hours and a portion of that was just figuring out how we were gonna do it. I liked Fat's design with the loops over the shock towers to protect them and other than that I didn't really know what I was gonna do.

I like it. Makes it easy to carry too. I can pick it up with 1 hand by the middle cross brace. :D

FuzzBall03

IVIayheIVI said:
Thanks guys! It wasn't all that hard to make really... took us about 4 hours and a portion of that was just figuring out how we were gonna do it. I liked Fat's design with the loops over the shock towers to protect them and other than that I didn't really know what I was gonna do.

I like it. Makes it easy to carry too. I can pick it up with 1 hand by the middle cross brace. :D
If you decide to make another one in a different color...

I'd buy your "old" one off you in a heartbeat.

Really, let me know if you ever decide to sell the roll cage.

Look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

IVIayheIVI

XDEEDUBBX said:
i love that cage! How do you make those bends? pipe bender?
Sorry for late reply... I'm just starting to get back into my MT again after moving, renovating my new house, etc.

Anyhow, all we did was find a piece of pipe that was about the right size and put it in a vice. Then we heated the rod, took a hammer and formed it around the pipe.

Sunday I started working on my MT. I'll get some pics up on the weekend. It's getting a few upgrades and a decent cleaning. I'd be done by now if it weren't for... sigh... my career. My girlfriend isn't exactly helping either.

It figures that when I start getting anxious for r/c that winter comes back. We're supposed to get 15cm tonight and more on Sunday. Grrrrr. It was beautiful last weekend... hence the itch to get this beast ready!

Last edited by a moderator:

IVIayheIVI

Thanks for the compliments on the cage! I thought it might not go over well as it doesn't really make it look like a truck. I'm more about functional... and if functional can look cool at the same time so be it.

I got some pictures with my phone while I was working on my MT Pro over the past week. I fired it up today and it was glorious. It warmed up, did a couple laps in my garage.... made my roommate nervous... put a smile on my face... and then I had to tear apart a shock. It came apart inside. Forgot to get pictures but here's what I've got uploaded so far:

http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/wayned77/Rampage%20upgrade%20and%20cleanup/

Upgrades during this project:

8,000 rpm clutch spring with a new clutch.

Walbro 813 carb.

2 in-line fuel filters.

Hitech Steering servos

Last edited by a moderator:

IVIayheIVI

I took apart all of the shocks... dirty oil, if there was oil at all. Sand and dirt stuck to the shafts and caps. It came with shock socks on it... he didn't even clean the shocks before putting on the socks... let alone maintenance. Easier to sell if you can't see the bad I guess. The risk of buying used. Oh well, a little work and some shock oil... hopefully the o-rings aren't shot and that's all it takes. I would have had them back together yesterday but it was kindof cold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts