• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my MTv3

1RC5

Awesome!

Waiting to get mine going.

Appreciate your feedback on some of my questions. Need all the help I can get without the truck in front of me.

Wold you say anything is lacking? How's the power on this big truck?

1RC5

Another question, did you run it with the stock carb, and if so, did you notice a difference between it and the 990?

scooby61

My stock carb was bad out of box and I had a new 990 sitting around so I never ran it with the stocker. 32cc has plenty of power and so far the stock electronics are performing well. The brakes were practically useless out of the box but some linkage mods with some springs collars and fuel tubing sorted that. I'll say the best thing I've done to it was balancing the wheels and tires. If you don't the top end of this truck will shake it apart. And the stock clutch doesn't release quickly enough when you let off throttle resulting in a kind of drag brake through the drive train. Going to try an 8k clutch soon.

scooby61

Oh yeah I forgot the wheel hub and probably the rest of the bearings are not of great quality. I already found two going bad in the hubs. Ordered the fast eddy bearing kit but have only done the hubs at this time. Good value for 35.00 and Def better bearings

scooby61

Few more pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxlvf15x4jb6i0d/20150621_130638.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

Nice :)

Hint: replacing "dl=0" with "dl=1" in the dropbox link and inserting it in an IMG tag will embed the image here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts