• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first seize!

G

Trip.. said:
I came in a little late with this, but when sealing crank case halves or heads to cc, try Yamabond. It's amazing shit and it can be found at any Yamaha dealer. Coat both sides of a Zen gasket and slap it together, even if the cases don't line up I bet it would still seal. I've been using it on everything for about 20 yrs.
I've read a few post recommending that stuff. It would be worth a try before pitching the case.

jeffp83

Thanks trip for the info on yamabond, sounds like pretty good stuff from what i've just read on other forums as well.

I decided i'm going to clean up that engine, bolt it back together with a new gasket and sell it as a long block. In the spring i'll go with a 4-bolt and hopefully be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Trip.. said:
I came in a little late with this, but when sealing crank case halves or heads to cc, try Yamabond. It's amazing shit and it can be found at any Yamaha dealer. Coat both sides of a Zen gasket and slap it together, even if the cases don't line up I bet it would still seal. I've been using it on everything for about 20 yrs.
Thanks! I've been trying to remember the name of that stuff!

Trip..

No problem guys...

It looks like JB weld when used on case halves. I remember the first customer that received a Kawasaki Invader motor that I rebuilt with a nice thin bead of it, the guy was so pissed! I let the charade go on for a few minutes before I told him what it really was. lol. "What's wrong Sir? JB Weld is really strong Dude."

jeffp83

Got me a Zen 28.5 4-bolt top end kit coming from DDM (deal of the week) for $62! :) Should be plenty powerful in stock form, just want something that runs reliably and I think this will be it.

jeffp83

Thanks GTS! I agree about the 28.5, it's a good high revving and high torque combo. I am pondering the idea of adding a +1 stroker to make a 29.5. Time to hit the books :)

GTS 666

I really liked my old 28.5 2bolt cy. It was a good size motor and all rounder. I wouldn't worry about a 1 mm stroker just my 2cents. Only lose rpms.

G

jeffp83 said:
Got me a Zen 28.5 4-bolt top end kit coming from DDM (deal of the week) for $62! :) Should be plenty powerful in stock form, just want something that runs reliably and I think this will be it.
Nice. That's a great price. Keep us posted on performance. ;)

jeffp83

thanks guys, looking forward to it. Although i don't think I'll be able to get much run time on it until the spring.

GTS 666

Deluge said:
Does that mean vids of those engines running? :cool:
Absolutely mate. I'll get some vids of all my cars. Still searching for a roller to have as a test mule for the engines I ported. Really just want a Mt as the engine is so easy to swap out and I have a shit load of parts.

GTS 666

Its is over here I could buy a new one but was holding off for a cheap used one as I have heaps of parts that I could use on it. And when it is already bashed I probably will treat it like crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online