• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my dr not starting

markrufrider

hi guys took the dr out for a blast with the new dt1 filter installed and she was running great did a couple of laps of the field noticed she was getting hot she cut out i new somthing was wrong the fan shroud was blocked withe grass and crap so took it apart cleaned her up let it cool down and she started agen great i thot so took it for few more laps and she cut out and unable to get it started agen checked and cleaned the plug and she is sparking ok but wont fire im guessing maybe fuel problem now but i cant see what els unless i need to adjust the carb setting with the new dt1 filter any ideas what mite be problem :confused:

markrufrider

that did cross my mind il strip it tomorrow and have a look what will that do rcdad not spark properly

markrufrider

well i finally got it started for a brief min and if was hunting a revving all over the place without me touching the transmitter we narrowed it down to carb problem dirt or something i think checked the fuel lines and id obviously put them back on wrong and its sucked up some dirt maybe what do you guys think had this common occurrence before

TheCount

Sounds like your manifold is warped & sucking air, making leanout. my MT did the same thing.

Take the carb & manifold off. Have a good look, i bet it's warped. Especially if it got hot as you said.

markrufrider

thecount thanks you were not right but you were very close the plastic manifold had come very loose and the gasket had ripped and missing so checked there was no damage put a new gasket on mounted it all back and boom she purring like a cat agen without this forum id be pretty lost

TheCount

markrufrider said:
thecount thanks you were not right but you were very close the plastic manifold had come very loose and the gasket had ripped and missing so checked there was no damage put a new gasket on mounted it all back and boom she purring like a cat agen without this forum id be pretty lost
Only to glad to help :D

You should buy an alloy manifold anyway. sooner or later it will warp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts