• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My battery is making me nervous? Help?

Yannik

I am charging my Futaba: 9.6 V, 700mAh Nicad Battery on my Onyx 220 charger. I am kinda nervous because I'll explain. At initial setting I put the battery to charge at Chg current: 0.1A the capacity: I put 700Mah. I put the timer off and trickle to auto mode. peak 8. Now the only thing I don't get is the display is showing In volt: 11.92Vi and 11.18Vo............my battery is a 9.6V I don't get........should I stop? its been charging only 2-3 hrs at slow amp.

Yannik

Deluge said:
That's DC voltage. Basically, it's displaying voltage that's coming from the power source. Your battery is fine.
Ouffffffffffffffffffff Thank you! I was almost sure I was ruinning my battery! i didn't stop it though. Can you actually stop or pause the charger when charging a battery, let say I put a wrong capacity?

Yannik

The charger just started to scream bip bip and the display said "Circuit error". I don't know why it did that! Here are the setting I put for my Futaba NICd 9.6V, 700MaH:

NICd

capacity: 700MaH

Current: 0.1A

S_timer: 0 (off)

Peak: 8mv/c

Trickle: I put it on "auto"

* Do you have an idea on what could of cause this error message?? I really don't know what to do with the battery. One thing I know, the battery wasn't warm when that error occured. I really want to find out what I did wrong or what happened?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts