• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT trouble throttling/moving

Rc-Rookie

well I don't have an extra bolt for the clutch so I am going to have to order one I can just take a bolt off my XT for now and I'll try to use an easy out tomorrow. I am trying to run this ASAP I've had it almost 3 weeks and haven't ran it yet just been upgrading it I've done everything I can think of to it and everything everyone has said to do so I'll order a new bolt tonight and use one from my XT then put the new bolt back in my XT. When I ordered that new clutch it should of came with bolts but it didn't it just came with washers.

Rc-Rookie

Also the stock clutch I pulled off had 4 spring washer and 2 flat washers the new clutch has 2 spring washers and 2 flat washers the manual shows 2 of each..

Rc-Rookie

Ok so because I put on the clutch from DDM with the performance shoes and the 8k spring could that by why it takes more throttle to take off instead of just barely being able to touch the throttle because it takes more RPM to engage the clutch? I just know my XT I just tap the trigger on the TX and it moves this one revs up before it starts to take off. Mind you I was starting it up for the first time because I was going to break in the engine and I just noticed I had to slowly pull the trigger on the TX to about 1/3 throttle before the wheels started to spin. Only reason I asked if it was because of the new clutch because someone just mentioned that could be it with the performance clutch I might have to get the RPM's higher for it to engage. Or should my wheels start to spin even if I barely pull the throttle?

Ebb75

Yes the 8k clutch engages at higher rpm. It should be alot more snappy on take offs.

Rc-Rookie

Maybe I never had a problem at all then? Like I said my XT takes off the second I touch the throttle on the TX and my MT wouldn't take off until about 1/4 throttle when I would slowly pull the throttle on the TX. I never hit the throttle fast to get it to take off because this was the first time I was going to run the MT because I just finished upgrading it and I set it up on a stool and was just checking to see if everything I put on was working proper and I just noticed the difference in the throttles and the MT if I slowly pulled the throttle it didn't start to take off until about 1/4 throttle. So like you said the 8k clutch engages at higher RPM. I just wanted to make sure nothing was messed up didn't want to ruin anything. I guess you live and you learn. Im all new to this so im learning.....haha

Rc-Rookie

Ok I just switched the clutch to the stock one and got the truck back together and its throttling fine now so the hesitation I was getting was from the 8k clutch. Well this was a big learning experience for me but atleast I know now. Thank all of you for all the help you guys on here really are the best! Glad to be a part of redcat and a 5th scale guy now time to break in this engine!

Rc-Rookie

I do have one last question. I did the snappy RC fueler kit so im going from 2 hoses to 3. I got the billet vent cap for the hose I just leave that capped all the time?

Dreggsta

the 8k spring should engage @ 8,000 rpm. raise your idle up too. the spring should give you a great hole shot. i'm not a big fan of them for this but a lot here like to punch the throttle & get the hole shot. nothing wrong either way. just personal preference. :)

Ebb75

Rc-Rookie said:
I do have one last question. I did the snappy RC fueler kit so im going from 2 hoses to 3. I got the billet vent cap for the hose I just leave that capped all the time?
I believe its a check valve, lets air in but not out. Do a forum search on vent mods, some guys use the check valve. I just use a clunk filter on the end of the vent line, this way it will breath both ways. As outside temp increases the fuel vapours in your tank expand and wont have anywhere to go but flood the carb if your truck is sitting and not running. Clunk filter will let it breath both ways. I run the hose up the roll cage and then back down below the tank, this way if you roll you wont have fuel leaking out. Everyone does it different, there are pics posted throughout the forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts