• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Pro

ParkerNT

It finally got here! This thing is a beastie :D Even after seeing pics and vids of this thing I was still dumbfounded when I pulled it outa the box. It's HUGE!

Haven't run it yet, and sadly no pics yet either. But I have put some stuff on it and done some body work. Installed a chrome air filter with blue alum. vel stack, some blue shock socks and a side Dom. pipe. Put some steal gears on it to, but that's another story for another thread (see the susp. dr-train forum for that)

I lowered the body mounts by four holes...might go on down as low as it'll go, looks so much better than sittin up crazy high. Lucked out too, got the last one in stock at DDM, they didn't have the a clear body for it, so they threw me a slightly used painted body and will send me a new clear body as soon as they get one...free. So, I ended up with a free basher body. Messed it up just a bit when I went to cuttin on it to lower it, but now I know what not to do to the clear one when it gets here.

I liked to never got the throtle and brake linkage installed...but I think it's right. However, there were no screws to fasten the dual steering servo arms. There were two extra in the bag with the throtle setup, but they won't screw into the white plastic gears on the steering servos. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm just putting my weight into it...

All in all, great looking truck, seems solid as a rock and looking forward to firing this sucker up and gettin it dirty.

Parker

Obeast44

Banned
Glad ya finally got it :)

As far as the screws that hold the servo horns onto the servos...I havent a clue on what size youd need. Id just take a servo and horn to a hardware store that has a bin and find the right size.

Ron E

Contributor
congrats man, isn't freaking amazing how big the mt is when you first take it out of the box. :eek:

ParkerNT

Was about to install the drive cup rings and dogbone boots when I noticed something odd.

Looks like they've changed the dogbones... The ones from the center diff to the front and rear diffs look like the ones I've seen on here and other sites. But the ones that go from the diffs to the wheel hubs are different. The diffs have the normal cup and the shaft has the normal ball with a pin through it. However, on the wheel hub end, it's a different story. The cup at the hub has no slot. it has a pin through it, and the dogbone appears to be slotted. Even after removing the shock and lower susp arm, the dogbone slides free of the diff but will not come out of the wheel hub. It looks like the pin in the hub needs to be driven out to remove the shaft.

Is this something new, or is it just a difference between the MT and and MT Pro?

Parker

Obeast44

Banned
Those are what they call CVDs. Yes the MT Pros come with them :)

Do yourself a favor and put a dab of shoe goo or some other fairly decent adhesive on the outside of the pins. They like to wiggle out.

These are what your talking about right?

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=271&categoryId=6

The Cat5 rings arent needed on the CVDs, so keep the extra ya have and save em for later.

Last edited by a moderator:

ParkerNT

Yeah, that looks like what I'm talking about. I'm assuming they are tougher than the stock bones and cups...

I can't wait to get this thing out and fire it up. I've been goin over it with a fine tooth comb for the last few days. Just got finished putting the rear assembly back on, turned to gas tank around so it fills from the right side of the truck. The Dom pipe I put on was rubbing the gas cap; I figured a hot pipe and a plastic gas cap touching would be a bad idea lol

I'm kinda surprised how easy everything is to get off and back on. Looks like it'll be easy to work on, everything is sizeable and easy to get at.

Parker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts