• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt PRO .. kamikaze diver?

beachthrottle

I talked to a few people who own the MT Pro all alloy trucks.. appears they are so heavy they like to go nose 1st in the dirt when jumping.. Which means More shock shafts that you can't get yet..

Anyone have any experience with the MT Pro ?

pipeous

alloy knuckles, hardened pins etc etc etc but plastic arms. need a weak point to break just in case and arms are easy to change. My personal thoughts... there are cases like fg rear uppers but it still has a plastic ball on the end...

you might get away with alloy for on road to keep weight low but in a crash, then expensive parts break or bend

speedyd

Banned
i don't have a pro, but my tt is mostly alloy. it still jumps better than an mcd.i have put a good beating on it as well. i have yet to bend or break any suspension pieces(excluding a drive cup.)

beachthrottle

I personally like alloy. from talking to people that own the pro said its just so heavy it doesn't jump good at all.

does anyone on here have a MT Pro ?

kryptonite

i bet the pro is pretty heavy!! my rig has most of the alloy upgrades minus gear plate and upper arms and i havent bent anything, but have taken 2 good chunks of alum out of a front and rear arm. the problem i see with the alum arms is there are no replacable inserts like fg's. so i try to keep them clean. once they get sloppy its time to replace.. also thge cage is junk. doesn't fit right and cracked, but fixed with jb weld and it now holds up fine

killermolly

it's easy buy two, mt and a pro. use the mt to jump and the pro to look cool.pro= 45lbs

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/DSC00159.jpg.d15a5744d167e6753862e73d467eac01.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/DSC00164.jpg.8f028ab374c378d917d95f8cdf19d95f.jpg

kryptonite

i have the same ones, but from python. the stock element are dangerous, they visabley let particles go thru. i packed an old redcat filter in there and made it a 3 stage. works fine that way, but wouldnt trust in the sand

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts