• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT is slow!

Shalako

So I've ran about a tank and a half through my MT after installing the ProStock 5.5hp. It is horribly slow. I haven't tuned it completely yet, just been running rich as I break it in.

Any reason it would be slow at this point? I would think as I tune it would lean out some and then run a bit faster.

Have a Dominator pipe and HPI filter and stock carb on it.

Thanks.

G

Most new motors start to come to life after the 5th tank. If running to rich it will bog and perform poorly.

Stygian

Banned
I personally would upgrade the stock carb, as I personally have had nothing but problems with them the 990 is a good choice and I have heard the 998 is good too.

alfred e numan

i am not certan the factory hy carb can flow enough air or fuel to be really be able to light up the ported engine you have @ high rpm. the added resistance of the choke plate-shaft breaks up the air flow. I mess with carbs on assorted engines frequently. I have a little f-270 with a 813, 1" velocity stack, jet-pro rear. this required running the fuel bulb about 90% full, hsn 1.75 out, lsn nearly 1.25 out. this is @ about 70 degrees, 35% hunidity. thats a Lot of fuel!!

TheCount

I have the 813 on my MT. 998 is the new version of the 813. you will notice the diff over std carb. It's a good carb for the MT. The accel pump helps. I can notice the diff between my MT with the 813 & my DR with the stock carb. My MT even being bigger , is snappier than the lighter DR.

Also put a Alloy carby manifold & velocity stack on.

Jackleg

I put a 990 and alloy intake manifold on my MT and it made the biggest improvement in performance over other mods I've done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts