• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT in snow

Hello

It's about time for snow here again and I'm thinking a new MT V3 might be the ticket. I have ran a Baja 5T since they came out and love it, but for snow, I think I'm going to need a 4x4 this year. How well does the MT go through snow? Are the stock MT tires my best bet? Is there still an issue with the foam in the tires breaking down pretty quickly? Thanks for the help.

Ron E

Contributor
i've never ran my large scales in the snow but with winter comming i'm considering adding a mt to the collection also... here's a few video's of mt's in the snow.

[ame]

[/ame]
i remember some other old vids from a couple yr's ago of them in the snow then hanging above a wood stove melting the snow off them, the mt is awesome in the snow from what i've seen.

here's a tt in the snow

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/kun114/?action=view&current=TTSNOW.flv

Last edited by a moderator:

lords

man i can't wait for the snow for my DuneRunner...I will be making videos when the time comes...

back then i was running a 5b but it was worthless in most snow..this year i will watch my DuneRunner pay off in 4 wheel drive...

and of course my savage :)

That's what I was doing last winter, running my 5T. It wasn't much fun though, getting stuck every few feet. The paddle tires helped a little, but I'm sure it doesn't come close to 4WD.

rob64n

Contributor
tires hold up well, as for the foam can say my first set two years ago didn't do well. the set i have now are still holding but they have only seen dirt 3 times.

Does Redcat offer the foams for the MT seperately? Also what's the difference between an HY engine and the CY engine. If I get the MT, I was going to drop in a 29cc CY, would that be enough to bash around with? I plan on keeping my 5T more for racing.

Ron E

Contributor
thunderchevyjs said:
Does Redcat offer the foams for the MT seperately? Also what's the difference between an HY engine and the CY engine. If I get the MT, I was going to drop in a 29cc CY, would that be enough to bash around with? I plan on keeping my 5T more for racing.
doesn't look like the foams available seperate, #50016

http://www.redcatracing.com/c.849850/site/partsbypicture/rampagemt.html

the cy 29cc whith a good pipe should be great for your mt.

Ron

Thanks for the info on the foams. Any suggestions for a good pipe that would be protected while bashing?

That CPI pipe looks like the way to go. Anyone know of a MT V3 roller that's for sale. I plan on switching out the radio gear, engine, and not running the body so I would be futher ahead if I could find a good used roller. Thanks for all the help.

Ron E

Contributor
thunderchevyjs said:
That CPI pipe looks like the way to go. Anyone know of a MT V3 roller that's for sale. I plan on switching out the radio gear, engine, and not running the body so I would be futher ahead if I could find a good used one. Thanks for all the help.
i wish i new where there was any version mt roller for sale... :D i've been watching for one also. i have a cy28.5 with a 813, radio and tons of spares ready to go... just need servo's.

if this was just 200/300 less

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hobby-estore.com%2FRedcat-Racing-Rampage-MT-2-ROLLER-Chassis-p%2Fgc-redcat-rampage-mt-roller.htm&ei=JgDNTOq1GsipnQfB74UZ&usg=AFQjCNHxWRO6i7ewL_BuWmR92wJCngWd9Q

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey that's my video RonE...lol...that was when I first got the Pipe...needed much tuning...

Here's a starting to tune with MT wheels:

[ame]

[/ame]

rob64n

Contributor
don't think i would recommend for bashing, when i tested those pipes at powerjam there were two types, long and a short. long fit fine, short needed tweeked and it still broke a head bolt. so of coarse which one do you think they released.

Rob64n

Thanks for the info on the pipes, I don't want to get one that will cause me troubles down the road. I had plenty of that with my 5T and finally got one that holds up and is well protected...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts