• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Gear Ratios

Andre Meyer

Hi Guys

I fitted Baja rear wheels to the front and back of my MT. I run a 29cc Zenoah engine with a dominator exhaust. My current gear ratio is: 25, 35, 25, 25. I have enormous low end pull away but no top end. If I change the stock ratio to: 35, 25, 25, 25 would it be bad for the clutch as this changes it from the lowest gear ratio to the highest?

Michaels12

I did it with proline trenchers. I'm certain the clutch wouldn't tolerate it for long. It is just too tall on gearing.

There is no take off and top speed occurs so late it's hard to make it, even in a straight line on asphalt, but you could swap it for a test run just to satisfy curiosity.

BertR

You can run a 29,31,25,25 it will still give you a good bottom and a decent top end.

Andre Meyer

Thx Guys. It is difficult to get different gears here in South Africa as nobody seems to stock or import them. I will search for someone that might be able to send me some.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts