• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT and fuel when not in use...

UrbnRzqr

I read somewhere that fuel can be corrosive over time. Due to extreme cold my break in has been put on hold. My MT has just a bit of fuel in it currently and its been sitting for a week or so. The last time I ran it I didn't completely use the fuel in the tank, should I be concerned that there's some fuel still in the carb and tank....

Any tidbits on storing a gas car when not in use. Like putting afterun in a nitro and such.

phreerider

empty is best ,but there will always be a small amount in carb bulb /lines, and not a big deal. most 2 stroke mixes syn/castor really is stable for several month so no real worries. just give it good shake, the unit, the gas mix before use EVERY TIME.

room temp storage is best

a small hand pump to pull unused fuel out is handy.

use ETOH free gas(marine fuel) , that is the real culprit.

UrbnRzqr

Ok it was starting to bug me while it sat there. I should have asked this as well but does it damage the engine running it dry, well til it dies from no fuel...

Probably the easiest way to drain out the lines.

RampageHopUps

The gas is good for 2 months in storage. Letting it run dry will run the engine lean, and you can lean-seize the engine.

People do it all the time, but the theory is not good.

UrbnRzqr

Thats what I thought. I ran a civic back in the day dry @ high rpm and blew a few valves so I'll try to avoid that.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.