• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

mounting ideas for desert rat body

the1320god

just got my new desert rat body and seeing that the back mounting is going to need modding. looked around at pix and cant really tell how or what they used to mount it. so im looking for some ideas. thanks guys

G

Cut the center out of the rear post. It works great that way.

047d65af.jpg

the1320god

RCDAD said:
Cut the center out of the rear post. It works great that way. 047d65af.jpg
i was thinking about that, just wasn't sure if they would be too weak after. thank you sir. side note, i will be ordering a belt drive, and the squre drive convertion kit from you today or tomorrow. :D

the1320god

Deluge said:
You could fab a brace so the posts aren't too wobbly after you hack out that center portion.
they feel pretty good really. i thought they would be worst... here my progress so far....

2012-06-05_13-23-20_378.jpg

2012-06-05_13-23-01_735.jpg

2012-06-05_13-08-55_928.jpg

G

Looking good. Maybe lower the front posts a hole or two. It's going to be sweet.

G

Wow your fast. That's lookin good! I like the black & red. Nice contrast.

the1320god

Thanks guys. The new rims will be here tomorrow and I will post a pic with it trimmed for my pipe. Gotta get that belt drive ordered..... lol keep forgetting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts