• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

motor choice....

landmissle

So would you not recommend the leopard 5692? I just ordered the MMM XL ESC so now I have a few more motor choices. Right now I'm running the CC1717.

strodedawg

i chose the 5698 for the larger size and more torque. i would rather have to dial down the torque/speed than not have enough. also might put less strain on the system as a whole.

bigblkblazin

landmissle said:
What about kershaw designs? Doesn't he have this figured out? On his website he has a set up available with the new castle motor. .
Hats off to Kershaw for his idea . It looks very flimsy compared to the nice one we seen from Ol'fart. Then again looks can be decieving. I havent seen anyone using that mount except for him. I hate being a tester.

bigfol

Guys don't bother with Notshaws(kershaw) design motor mount its not even in the ball park compaired to 7075's mount/gear....My mate got one and he bin'd it as soon as the 7075 arrived, sure it will work, but for how long and looks pretty lame. I bought a xbe roller of him and there have been a few surprises,nothing major to fix up but still, what he tells you and what gets delivered are two different things, no wonder he moved from one side of the country to the other...... :mad:

Rampage

Notshaws(kershaw)

I don't trust Notshaws(kershaw) neither his products

i bought from him pinion gears and they really bad quality

he sold me motor as 910 kv and when i received it its 720kv

strykerpilot66

I've been using the Kershaw Designs motor mount/ TP Power 5692 1000kv/XL2/8S 40C for several months, pretty hard bashing and 6' high jumps landing on pavement with no trouble whatsoever.

I see what you mean about the flimsy-looking mount...I actually thought there were parts missing from the kit, but the way it mounts with the top brace is rock-solid and I have full confidence (until it bends/breaks, I guess) :)

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
What ESC are you using? My Leopard 5692 keeps smoking ESC's on 6c's
what 5692? and what gearing?

I am running 5692 1340kv with 11 / 48 gearing and stock esc on 6s....

Demon put a lot of packs through this setup and has had no issues.

Wcubelo23

Hi guys,

I have a castle xl2 and 2028 combo mounted in my xbe. I am currently using the Keyshawn designs motor mount. The only modification I had to do to fit it in was to drill an extra hole for the motor mount. Other than that, it is sweet. I am running it with a 12tooth 8mm pinion from Kershaw designs. I was able to pick up the xl2 combo from Power hobbies off of eBay (suffers, ny) for only 554$.

landmissle

I ordered the T5692 motor from Hobby king to go with the castle XL ESC. Since it was back ordered I won't get for a while. Hope its a good combo!

Wcubelo23

BTW, I ordered a tp pro 5692 (780KV) prior to getting the xl2 combo. I was running it with the stock hobbywing 150A esc on 6s. Unfortunately, the motor ended up seizing. The same happened with the replacement 1000kv motor I was sent as well.

The XL2 with 2028 has been more reliable so far.

bigfol

Thats a bummer about the TP motors, I have a TP cone, turnigy 5692 thats been working fine since I reglued the windings to the outer shell/body, pretty good motor for $70. If I could fit the 2028 on 7075's mount that would be ideal....

Wcubelo23

Or you can just buy the 2028 / TP Pro / Leopard Motor mount from Kershaw designs. It is 69.99. Not bad, considering that it will enable you to accomodate the 2028 on the xbe chassis.

bigfol

Wcubelo23 said:
BTW, I ordered a tp pro 5692 (780KV) prior to getting the xl2 combo. I was running it with the stock hobbywing 150A esc on 6s. Unfortunately, the motor ended up seizing. The same happened with the replacement 1000kv motor I was sent as well.The XL2 with 2028 has been more reliable so far.
Did the bearings seize or did the rotor magnets let go?

Wcubelo23

The video link is listed below. It is a video of the Redcat Rampage XBE with the Mamba XL2 ESC and CC 2028 combo. I am running it with 2 Venom 4s 5000 35c batteries, Kershaw Designs Motor Mount, and 12 tooth Pinion (8mm-also from Kershaw Designs).

It is not a video of it driving, I will put one up next time.

Bigfol - I do not know much about the insides of a motor, however, when I took the TP5692 apart (780KV and 1000KV) the glue towards the rear of the can (where the wires come out) was melted.[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]1esqDJMo16U[/MEDIA][/ame]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts