• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mooman007uk, and Clubin's pipe race.

Clubin

Banned
One from Texas to Errington Vancouver Island and one from Texas to Camp Morton Mb (mine). We'll see who wins.

We can pass the time waiting for our pipe's.

Clubin

Banned
Sprint 77 said:
With our USPS snail mail you might have a faster race if you strap on Lance Armstrong's back personaly and tell him to pedal his leg's off.
LOL you are probaly rite, but it will only take as long as it takes to get to us.

moo, your pipe has 1975 miles to go

mine only has 1253 miles to go.

Krap moo can you see the cliff from there?

mooman007uk

Banned
I just got my sprint pm telling me our pipes are on the way. I bet you get yours first...my mail service is somewhat slow to say the least and I cheaped out and got standard delivery did you get express,

I got my ss pipe welded up and just fired it up to run in the back yard went to drive out the shop and hmmm steered perfect on the stand....bleedin set my steering servos in reverse...d'oh...so had to quickly change some settings (epa's changed when I reversed cos of my subtrim)...now it's dark so will get some vid tomorrow. here's the finished steering install and new pipe mount... batt and rx box I stuck down with 3M vehicle trim tape , it must be at least 500mph tape , been using it in the fg and it's not only waterproof but fuel proof too!

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

now mocking up the roll cage with light gauge alloy before bending the 3/8 stuff

DSC00207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
being a uk import I'm with you on the "A" thing...but in certain parts of limey land...the yokel parts, they'd also say "AAy" (usually chewing on a bit of straw and wearing bib overalls....did someone say deliverance?) and I'd always answer bee, cee go jump in it:D and then run like hell !!!

Clubin

Banned
moo, that pipe looks not bad. You banged er back into shape.

That cage is going to be great, I think I will sell my JP with the rear support I made. If you buy a HBZ roll bar I will make you up a front/rear support if you want? One that compliments the sprint77 pipe. lol

I went to the shock tower with my front cage and the back I am going to do the same thing.

DSC00112.jpg

hellya

Piranha2 said:
C'mon Sprint, show us some pics of their finished pipes :D
the Sprint modded dom pipe (Hellya pipe)

QUOTE=hellya;5233]

hellya

and it only took 9 months for the pipe to catch on:)but everyone will like it

mooman007uk

Banned
Yes there will be pictures and video:D

Hellya I always wanted one from the beginning but couldn't find a cheap core now sprints supplying the pipe and modding it for only $14 more than the pipe costs new it was too good to pass on. T

The ss pipe I got works good but doesn't have the bottom end punch yours has(I should say ours now) it's a bit more top end.

hellya

mooman007uk said:
Yes there will be pictures and video:D
Hellya I always wanted one from the beginning but couldn't find a cheap core now sprints supplying the pipe and modding it for only $14 more than the pipe costs new it was too good to pass on. T

The ss pipe I got works good but doesn't have the bottom end punch yours has(I should say ours now) it's a bit more top end.
you guys who havent bought a pipe yet.... should be looking on ebay too.... the last 2 weeks I have seen the $169 dom pipe sell for $105 and then $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330305459181

this one is at $80 and has 20 hours left http://cgi.ebay.com/DDM-Dominator-Chrome-Pipe-for-HPI-Baja-5b-Gas-RC-Buggy_W0QQitemZ330307740604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330307740604&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I bought mine used for $85...since it was being modded... I didnt care

Clubin

Banned
hellya said:
you guys who havent bought a pipe yet.... should be looking on ebay too.... the last 2 weeks I have seen the $169 dom pipe sell for $105 and then $100
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330305459181

this one is at $80 and has 20 hours left http://cgi.ebay.com/DDM-Dominator-Chrome-Pipe-for-HPI-Baja-5b-Gas-RC-Buggy_W0QQitemZ330307740604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330307740604&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I bought mine used for $85...since it was being modded... I didnt care
Hellya, I tried bidding on so many of them on e-bay, and never won a single one, it seems in the last few minutes people will pay what a new one is worth. I am with moo, it is hard to pass up the price is great and the quality of workmanship looks outstanding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.