• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mine just showed up

pipeous

Pipe arrived today from the boys at Largescale rc. That was pretty fast all things considered. I'll be ordering more from these guys for sure.

anyway, a test fit of the mcd vrc pipe here. I'll have to cut a hole in the side of the body and make a mount off the chassis. No exhaust gasket came with the pipe and header though, which I find odd. I used some high heat form a gasket on the stock one I took off (motor never ran anyway) so should be fine. I really think this will work out good.. I have some angle iron to cut but I'll dig around and see what else I can find

DSCI0001-6.jpg

DSCI0002-7.jpg

pipeous

I used an endpiece from the side rails to make the bracket. 3 holes later, tin snips and files. The chassis bolt has a nyloc nut, then and FG bearing spacer, then the channel. I cut one side a bit around the radio box. I needed some weak points since it had to be twisted a bit. Cut a hole in the body for the exhaust...

DSCI0001-7.jpg

DSCI0002-8.jpg

DSCI0003-4.jpg

DSCI0004-2.jpg

pipeous

Was a really cold day, late afternoon. I ran the car first time today. That VRC pipe makes huge power. I richened the needles a couple times because it was so cold but I never got over half throttle today... car handles really well out of the box (there was frost on the pavement and chunks of ice around

all was well until the front right lower bolt stripped out of the knuckle... I had removed the other side and noticed the stripped threads from over tightening so I shoe goo'd it one. guess I will have to fix this one now... driving, impressed. ripping a screw out like that, not very

pipeous

I added the rubber coupler from the stock pipe to the end so it clears the body (and protects the pipe from the body... I had 2 kicking around). It seems to fit nice, out of the way. have to make a hole in the side of the body, but it's protected by the side guards fairly well

I use the high heat permatex myself. self hardening stuff. it stays plyable but dries up enough to hang onto the gasket well

Hey Moo, if you are talking to Scott, see if he has any on road knuckles ;) mine is glued in but I can't test it's limits without fear of it falling out. I'll just boil a set and shoe go the bolts in right away until someone can get the alloy parts..

I might bash red cat, but I will say this one will surely have a lot of fg and lauterbacher drivers choked next season hehe

pipeous

Well I just talked to one of the guys we run with, old Dynamic/Berg dealer. He has a couple older bodies for me to try and fit. says 510-515mm. Mercedes D2 and a CLK. I have never seen either of those shows being mod size but he says he measured, so am taking the car over to his place Thur or Fri to grab a new body. Semi is a Mercedes so it's a good fit for me and a cool body... praying the CLK fits hehe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts