• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mine just showed up

pipeous

Well it arrived today. I took a couple pics... Came with everything but radio. Battery and wall charger, plug wrench, wheel wrench, allen wrenches, extra gears and there's even a keychain in the manual bag with the linkages...

The car comes with cvd's all around, I expected dogbones actually. Th pipe will be the first thing to replace but I have to find one that fits.

The wheelbase is very close to my Semi as you can see in the pics, and even the VW would fit if the front bumper was removed. Tires seem pretty sticky but the inserts are kind of soft for me. It uses FG Squares so I will experiment a bit there too.

I weighed the car and without body comes in at 20 lbs... I wieghed it on the house scale by itself and with me holding and stepping on the cage (man I have gained a lot of weight this year LOL, bloody potbelly time)

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

Attachments

• DSCI0001.jpg
    DSCI0001.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
  • DSCI0003.jpg
    DSCI0003.jpg
  • DSCI0004.jpg
    DSCI0004.jpg

pipeous

Just trying to decide what other bodies will fit.... It's a 510mm wheelbase... just measured

so.... 510mm

512mm

510mm

and the austin mini is 515... that's about my choices for replacement

pipeous

Peugot body at large scale rc is 510 as well

050-B-P-1.JPG

I am masking up my body right now. I have to spray the vw above so wanted to do them both at the same time as I am using the same colors overall. I found a cool team design and am changing a couple things as I go. hope it works out. it's sure a tedious masking job LOL... I had to get an airbrush... I usually do simple stuff.

pipeous

Thanks guys. I am liking this car a lot. It's time to strip the car now and do the mechanical stuff. I am popping over to a friends to slap some paint on the spoiler today. Now if I can just afford to get a pipe.. I need to sell something hehe. can't wait for payday

pipeous

I followed someone else's lead but I used aluminum channel for my side guards. I figured it would be strongest after cutting the holes for the body posts. I covered that with some door weatherstripping. I just have to make the holes a tad bigger now. I Have the set mounted to my semi, which is all going over to a new chassis. put that one here as well

DSCI0002-3.jpg

DSCI0001-3.jpg

pipeous

The bumper is too short for the body, it should be a fairly tight fit. so for now I just grad some packaging foam, an exacto, shoe goo and some tape... I just mounted the body, tipped on it's side and cut foam to fill the gap. then I glued it on the front of the other chunk of foam. I didn't have a large chunk so I cut up what I had here. Just waiting for the glue to dry now

DSCI0001-2.jpg

pipeous

It's now in pieces on the kitchen table. I am taking pics and will give my take on what's up. I can see I have the old style gear plate. So upgrade or aluminum?

I am tossing shoe goo (goop) on all the nyloc nuts in parts like the front chassis brace, steering knuckles etc. it keeps them from falling out when you go to put a screw in. and I poppe the motor mount screws through the chassis, set it on the table and gooped the spacers to the chassis. just dropped them iover the bolts so they stay lined up until dry.

did the screen mod for the pull start and engine and soldered my wires on the switch for the killer rc switch and remote led. ... center of the chassis is done. and putting parts back soon.

tranny gears were a bit tight messing so I broke them in some using a drill to spin things, and a 1/4 drive socket extension. I am taking pics along the way

pipeous

I noticed they overtightened a lot of screws at the factory going into plastic. Now I have to replace parts. when will they learn snug into plastic. don't need a torque wrench

DSCI0001-4.jpg

DSCI0002-5.jpg

DSCI0003-3.jpg

DSCI0004-1.jpg

pipeous

Well thanks to mooman, my stripped screw problem is addressed... I'll send the funds tonight... I have to head downtown for my cheque and really don't want to sit in traffic... I was up really late rebuilding my semi and I go back to graveyards tomorrow night so trying to stay on schedule (that's my excuse for the obbsessive compulsive behavior of rc anyway lol)

and I just ordered the pipe for my beast. Innovative had a deal going I couldn't refuse. I have the VRC pipe in my VW and now adding an MCD VRC pipe to the rally

http://innovativehobby.com/vrcsilencedpipeformcdracerunnerbaja1000rallycar.aspx

pipeous

I got the alloy gear plate and brake plates mounted in. Much better. My gears are smooth now. I'll deanno the stuff later. I also drilled holes in the gear cover and put mesh over the holes. Gives it air and keeps the rocks out. I did have a stripped thread for the top left gear cover but I ran a longer bolt and it caught threads. I added a nyloc nut to the top 2 bolts on the back side.

took the pipe off as my vrc will be here any day now

DSCI0001-5.jpg

DSCI0002-6.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts