• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Metal ring For km Wheels

Sergio

Hi guys i Just got a set of KM tires but i Just noticed they don't have the metal ring that goes in the inside of the wheel anybody know where i can buy them?

Sergio

Thank you my friend it sucks that i Just placed and order Last nigth but i Just placed it on my wish list.

Deluge

Those are axle rings. Are you talking about the ring that reinforces the wheel hex? Like the old style Baja wheels?

Like this?

Deluge

Couldn't find them on Ebay or DDM. I don't think they sell them separately. Bummer.

Dreggsta

ok i got you now sergio. the hex that i saw looked like plastic. i saw a vid on youtube of a guy w/a km baja w/these same wheels & he said the wheels were starting to wallow out. in the vid he replaced a stripped, plastic spur gear.

as for that ring, seeing that we put copper tubing around our drive cups, maybe you could bring a wheel to the hardware store & see if they have something that'll fit & cut it to length. i bought a pipe cutter for the copper tubing drive cup braces.

cordy

Use a piece of electrical conduit to make the ring. Simply cut to length and slip over the hex hub.

Dreggsta

when you put whatever you end up using around that you might want to super glue it. i had to super glue all the copper braces i put on my drive cups.

on another note, seeing that it's plastic, it might not be worth doing this as the part that needs to be reinforced is the hex itself IMO.

Sergio

Dreggsta said:
when you put whatever you end up using around that you might want to super glue it. i had to super glue all the copper braces i put on my drive cups. on another note, seeing that it's plastic, it might not be worth doing this as the part that needs to be reinforced is the hex itself IMO.
This is true but The rampage Mt has The same setup plastic and The metal ring and so far i had no problems, this tires i got are going on my xb and believe me if i had known i would have gotten The hpi Wheels instead which i heard The hex is metal and You don't need The rings but they are more money.

Dreggsta

yessir i understand. i was just thinking of an oil filter wrench i used the other day. it was plastic (the kind that goes around the crown of the filter & is more like a socket. not the belt kind. this has an opening for a 3/8" wrench so it fits like a socket.) & the darn filter was seized on the motor. the plastic (pretty thick plastic but still plastic, also made in china lol) filter socket rounded out where you attach it to the ratchet. it was a square hole, then it turned into a round hole. so i was thinking that. lol :)

either way, i really like those wheels & tires. i'm trying to save up for a belt drive & here you go posting stuff that i like & want to buy. :D

Sergio

I know i know i already ordered The hpi but out of stock i got The Belt drive on my MT The old version. And i feel You i got The MT last year and i was like no more rc's after this but i got The xb and like 1000 on hop ups people post it and i want it

Dreggsta

i felt & still feel the same way as you. i prefer a rear mount but i don't like the way the rear mounts look. especially the rear mount jetpro (just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone that has one lol). the side mounts actually look better now that i have one. i prefer the rear mount but the sidemount just look better. sheesh. get a sidemount & it'll grow on you. i really like my dom pipe. i still lwould like a rear mount but it's one of them things that work on paper but not in application, at least for me anyways.

Sergio

Dreggsta said:
i felt & still feel the same way as you. i prefer a rear mount but i don't like the way the rear mounts look. especially the rear mount jetpro (just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone that has one lol). the side mounts actually look better now that i have one. i prefer the rear mount but the sidemount just look better. sheesh. get a sidemount & it'll grow on you. i really like my dom pipe. i still lwould like a rear mount but it's one of them things that work on paper but not in application, at least for me anyways.
I got The jetpro For my xb but i don't like that it goes around The shock im thinking that shock wont last long

Dreggsta

yeh, i just don't like the way it looks, how it goes around the bottom. personally speaking of course. not saying there's anything wrong w/it. i think the sidemount looks better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts