• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Metal gears/belt drive?

I got a used dr a couple weeks ago. I was bashing around today and all the sudden the car acted like it went into nuetral. So took the gear cover off and two of the plastic gears were eaten alive. I didn't know these cars came with plastic gears? I've been looking around and I would like the belt drive but can't find it? And would it be better to just get a set of steel gears? Wheres the best place to get them and a certain brand? Any help would be appreciated thanks

I don't mean to be rude. But I'm very impatient ha I've heard some good things about the ones on "chiliracing(dotcom). There German and seem fairly priced? You have to click the little round flag on the left hand side to get the site in English but just wondering if anyone else has one?

G

If you are in the US plan on 30 days for shipping. 1 - 2 weeks of that will be in customs. Also remember their prices are in euros so take the price x 1.35 +/- a few cents.

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Contributor
It's the same one...RCDAD imported them in bulk to get a fair US retail price...

...all good things in all good time....R. Hunter

ChuenouXiao

1/5scalenewbie said:
I don't mean to be rude. But I'm very impatient ha I've heard some good things about the ones on "chiliracing(dotcom). There German and seem fairly priced? You have to click the little round flag on the left hand side to get the site in English but just wondering if anyone else has one?
Get it from RCdad! Nice guy and the belt drive is worth every penny due to it's reliability.

So is there a set date rcdad? Or are you waiting on a shipment? Just wondering, cause im going out in a week and a half and really need it going by then. if not no offence I would prefer to buy from you. Also I want the belt drive. I might just have to order metal gears though.. Also there's no price on the web it just says 0 dollars available soon?

G

I had to take the price down due to people ordering when an item is out of stock. The drives are in route but like I said, can get held up in customs. They were ordered 3wks ago so they could be here today or in a couple weeks. It is never consistent when coming from over seas. I will post the day they are in stock.

I understand your predicament. I just wanted to be informitive of the expected wait on an overseas order. :)

metal finisher

Contributor
gears

if u live in the states i can hook u up with plastic gears just pay shipping until the belt drives come in

Ok that would be great it just seems like the plastic ones last 30 mins. I have a aftermarket pipe for low end, and high flow air filter little mods. But they seem to crap out really fast I live in Utah. Has anyone else had these problems?

metal finisher

Contributor
i thought alot of people drilling holes in the gear cover to let out heat but my bro never did didnt have a problem i changed to metal gears off the bat so cant confirm that. u might wanna try that. my plastic gears are yours for the tacking if u wanna give that a go covers are some what cheap

acewelderman

I run steel gears & still drill holes to help cool them.Also run dri ice lube on them EVERY run!!..Switching to belt drives soon :)

acewelderman

metal gears

1/5scalenewbie said:
I got a used dr a couple weeks ago. I was bashing around today and all the sudden the car acted like it went into nuetral. So took the gear cover off and two of the plastic gears were eaten alive. I didn't know these cars came with plastic gears? I've been looking around and I would like the belt drive but can't find it? And would it be better to just get a set of steel gears? Wheres the best place to get them and a certain brand? Any help would be appreciated thanks
I got my metal gears from large scale rc..But am hoping to go to belt drives soon:) You MUST use dry lube EVERY RUN on steel gears!!!I use dri ice Chopper lube.

I had no idea I live 5 minutes away from daves discount motors! So they stock plastic and metal gears. I'm just gonna pick a set up and wait for the belt drives. Thanks for all the input.

One more quick question could I run 35,25,25,25 gears that's all thats on redcats sit for the steel gears? Under dunerunner, what would be the difference?

G

You can it will be sluggish out of the whole but top end will be higher.

natas333

You does anyone know when the to speed transmission belt from demon rc, will come in ind shop??? A what will be the best gear ratio for the redcat bunerunner??? Now I have a35t b26t c24t d25t I will love to do a wheelie!!! And hillclimbing!!! Love RC Team GameAmmo Danmark. Dunerunner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts