• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MCD chassis Project

NitroMRX3C

i just got an MCD chassis but the original owner didn't know what type of MCD it was? I plan on making it an on road parking lot beast? i just added a picture of the chassis. anyone know if its v4 or ??

Last edited by a moderator:

NitroMRX3C

picture

NitroMRX3C said:
i just got an MCD chassis but the original owner didn't know what type of MCD it was? I plan on making it an on road parking lot beast? i just added a picture of the chassis. anyone know if its v4 or ??
just added picture mcd chassis.JPG

mcd chassis2.JPG

mcd chassis3.JPG

mcd chassis.JPG

mcd chassis2.JPG

mcd chassis3.JPG

/monthly_2013_11/583c606a86efd_mcdchassis.JPG.1aa5032ff88d6255e368f092660a8aa8.JPG

/monthly_2013_11/583c606a8811a_mcdchassis2.JPG.6327b8b6a69b83aa66d851adef64e5b8.JPG

/monthly_2013_11/583c606a891ed_mcdchassis3.JPG.fd1870a31b087be57bb2121822bf59f7.JPG

NitroMRX3C

NitroMRX3C said:
just added picture
it turns out to be a RRV3 roller. i picked it up on ebay. i thought it was a V4/X4 chassis. looking for a V4/X4 chassis to do the MCD rally build.

Cain

some good deals out there now. I think Largescalerc is clearing out some new Rollers for a decent price if you want something like that. Or at least, can have a point to start negotiations on :)

NitroMRX3C

Cain said:
some good deals out there now. I think Largescalerc is clearing out some new Rollers for a decent price if you want something like that. Or at least, can have a point to start negotiations on :)
I am looking for a x4/V4 chassis. large scale has none on website.

NitroMRX3C

Cain said:
That's a good deal. i may have to go that route if i cant find a X4/V4 chassis? i should have went that route to start? i just don't want to buy a car to build a good reliable car(all hop up)? might save time and headache to start with that type of deal. now i am thinking real hard and want to get rid of the roller i got off dumb bay! :confused:

Cain

no prob. Glad I could help. I thought you were looking for a whole roller based on the pics lol but then your messages said chassis, so I wasn't sure if that was your way referring to the roller.

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do and how it mates to the Redcat rampage? are you trying to kind of do a hybrid?

yeah, I thought it was a good deal too. Pretty much the main things I didn't like about the MCD I had was:

- It very lacking in clear instructions

- The shock fork issue is a pain, probably not so much in onroad usage

- Getting the shocks right seems to be a common complaint, with pistons being an issue relative to spring rate.

Honestly, Initial impressions I am feeling happier with my Rampage versus the MCD just for my level of comfort. This is NOT to say the Rampage is a better quality vehicle, etc. as I don't know enough about the MCD and Rampage to state that at all, but, just for my level of comfort coming from a 1/8 electric background, it seems to make a bit more sense to me when I look it over.

NitroMRX3C

Cain said:
no prob. Glad I could help. I thought you were looking for a whole roller based on the pics lol but then your messages said chassis, so I wasn't sure if that was your way referring to the roller.Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do and how it mates to the Redcat rampage? are you trying to kind of do a hybrid?

yeah, I thought it was a good deal too. Pretty much the main things I didn't like about the MCD I had was:

- It very lacking in clear instructions

- The shock fork issue is a pain, probably not so much in onroad usage

- Getting the shocks right seems to be a common complaint, with pistons being an issue relative to spring rate.

Honestly, Initial impressions I am feeling happier with my Rampage versus the MCD just for my level of comfort. This is NOT to say the Rampage is a better quality vehicle, etc. as I don't know enough about the MCD and Rampage to state that at all, but, just for my level of comfort coming from a 1/8 electric background, it seems to make a bit more sense to me when I look it over.
i am looking to build a on road 1/5 scale build. i was looking into the Redcat XB platform to do a on road build. but got a MCD roller on Ebay for a decent deal only thing is the chassis is a V3 MCD chassis. i want a V4 updated chassis to build on if i go with the MCD.

G

NitroMRX3C said:
i am looking to build a on road 1/5 scale build. i was looking into the Redcat XB platform to do a on road build. but got a MCD roller on Ebay for a decent deal only thing is the chassis is a V3 MCD chassis. i want a V4 updated chassis to build on if i go with the MCD.
I'm not that familiar with the MCD line, but I don't think there would be much gain in the chassis itself. Driveline and suspension is what get the most attention with the new versions. Wheel adapters to accept the 24mm hex are available for the rr3. The share many of the same parts so you still should be able to build it to your liking.

NitroMRX3C

RCDAD said:
I'm not that familiar with the MCD line, but I don't think there would be much gain in the chassis itself. Driveline and suspension is what get the most attention with the new versions. Wheel adapters to accept the 24mm hex are available for the rr3. The share many of the same parts so you still should be able to build it to your liking.
the drive line will work. the suspension from my research is where i am stuck. if i go with the X4/V4 Chassis i just have to change the suspension arms, which i think is the best way to go?? since that is the difference in the V3-V4? i may also work out to be cheaper to stick with the original plan we discuss on the Redcat XB platform. just sell this thing i just picked up.

NitroMRX3C

don't think its going to work with that chassis as expected. and i am learning that Redcat has a more readily available supported parts. just need more participants in this scale hobby around me. i like to build and parking lot bash.

Cain

yeah, out here I am hoping to meet up with some folks to do some fun running in the open areas. In ND, we have lot of area here with no trees, etc. Would be cool to do some fun running.

NitroMRX3C

NitroMRX3C said:
just added picture
i think Redcat has more support and aftermarket(hop-ups) parts readily available this way? looking to go with original plan. will be set back two weeks due to hastily decissions and lack of proper research and knowledge of the 1/5 class.

G

Not only are the Redcat parts more readily available, but far less expensive than the MCD parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts