• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

making body stronger???

nlovern

Hi,

I had an idea of adding 1 layer of fiberglass resien and cloth to the inside of the body. Anyone think this would help strengthen the body?

Nathan,Va rampage owner

FancyPants

honestly I was thinking about making a roll cage, similar to the Losi 5T...but my XT body is pretty darn rigid...however I still might do it just to do it and see what I can come up with.

trying to figure out the best material for me right now...

as for your original question...I don't see why not, but I haven't considered fiberglass just due to the flammability of fiberglass. knowing my luck I would be driving a long all fine and boom! body is on fire...lol

G

nlovern said:
Hi, I had an idea of adding 1 layer of fiberglass resien and cloth to the inside of the body. Anyone think this would help strengthen the body?

Nathan,Va rampage owner
Shoe Goo and drywall mesh tape works better. The fiberglass will be to brittle. It is good to have some flex to absorb impack.

rampagemt

You got a system under that body? Haha. I bet that's heavier then the shoe goo method but if it keeps the body together, that's awsome

G

Also it makes cleaning the rear end a lot easier
Nobody likes a dirty rear end! Sorry couldn't resist. LOL :D

BertR

This works wonders as well.

Ryneito

I recently did fiberglass and resin on my XT body and it didn't melt anything and bonded great. However like stated above its rock solid, no flex. I like it solid so it's a matter of opinion I guess..

krashkrieg

Contributor
I recently did my mini savage body....I did mesh tape, then plastic spray then shoo goo.

I will reverse it on next body and do mesh tape shoo goo then plastic spray (or bed liner) the liner/plastic spray seems to lift the mesh tape away from the body. the shoo goo will keeep it in place first......

fiberglass will make it more solid, but I believe the shoo goo / mesh tape / plastic dip spray or truck bed liner is the best body re-enforcement you can do!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Easy mod and it makes the shell much stronger. Highly recommended.

bob c.

I drive tractor trailer and we have a aluminum tape that has a sticky rubber backing on it that Is used to patch holes in the trailer, that's what I used ,its light weight strong and reflects the heat from the pipes..works great for me..

BertR

A thing to remember with strengthening the body is that you don't want it rock hard!! The body needs to be able to soak up impact energy by flexing to an extent. If it is too hard the energy will travel to the mounts and towers and diff to find the weak area for energy release. So remember nobody wants a stiff legged woman!! They have to be flexible .IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts