• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

making an MT pro lighter?

mark '87 930

ok, so still new here, and wanted to note that that MT pro i just picked up weighs in at 30.4 lbs without the clear body.

I'm not keen on drilling holes in the chassis to make it lighter, what are my options? I have plastic front and rear lower arms I was going to take off and compare weight.

I was hoping to get this this under 28lbs. Is that possible? Or should I just get a larger ported engine and pipe?

I need to beat my friends FG off the line. his acceleration is instantaneous and takes me by a long shot.. we can't have that now can we.

mark '87 930

I did look at his thread thank you. I'll be looking at my options. I'm going to find pictures of the vented clutch bell too.

If anyone has stock plastic front and rear upper suspension arms, TT bumpers, plastic brace's, Front and rear wheel hub carriers, and front steering buickles. I'm going to lighten this puppy up if it kills me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark '87 930

I raced with a buddy an dhis FG 4wd BAJA, and he absolutely smoked me on take off. Turns out my rampage is 30.4lbs with 1/3 gas tank, his is 19.8lbs with a full tank! that's more than 10lbs...

I honestly don't think the rampage can get down that low, but I will try some of the ligthening tricks to get me to 26/27. maybe at that point, go to single servo to get it down to 25? Then put a big HP motor in there and I'll be able to take him.

Is there a big difference between the DDM dominator pipe and stock rampage pipe for power?

mark '87 930

shock towers out of polymer cutting board?

I made a battery tray out of an old polymer cutting board. Kept the weight down and was sturdy enough to hold the battery (car battery). I wonder if you can replciate things like the shock towers with that?

chevy

Big diffrence in stock can and ddm side dom, like night and day definitly worth it, with a tuned pipe, 30.5cc bore up kit, and taller gearing you should be good , the stock mt tires are just under 11 pounds they can be changed for lighter setup, save you 5-6 pounds their if its a pro them all the parts are aluminum and if like you said if you changed them out to plastic that should lose a few more pounds you save

mark '87 930

It's an MT pro, so I have the stock Redcat tuned pipe. Is there much difference in power between that and a DDM? I also have the bowties mounted on desperado rims, so they are significatnly smaller. I emailed DDM about the engine and what bore kit to buy but am still confused. My engine states it's a 28cc (V1), so I thought porting with a big bore kit would work, just don't know which kit.

I'll be looking for plastic bits also (I just got some fr/rr suspension arms, fr/rr lower arms, as well as the roll cage) and will move to other plastic bits as well as I see them in the for sale section.

I'll have all these metal upgrades for sale I think or trade for a DDM pipe along with the MT wheels/tires.

Gotta lighten this thing up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts