• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Maiden Voyage cost me $150!

Blitzkrieg

So today I bought gas, oil, and batteries to break in the motor. Truck ran well, adjusted the carb setting and it ran great for the first tank, I did take it really easy. 2nd tank I started some 3/4 and quick full throttle bursts. I decided to keep going and ended up going through 7 tank today!

Now the bad news! I broke a front dog bone and cracked the CV axle, now I have a 3x4 truck, but I kept going. I jumped some curbs and POW, there goes the front bumper flying. But I keep on going, I was doing some donuts in a parking lot on my last tank of fuel for the day and the truck got away a bit and flew under a neighbors Escape. The body blew up into about 100 pieces, sheared off the front body posts, and cracked the top of the roll cage!

Other than that, the truck was a blast and looking forward to getting her fixed up and playing some more! :D

NitroMRX3C

Blitzkrieg said:
So today I bought gas, oil, and batteries to break in the motor. Truck ran well, adjusted the carb setting and it ran great for the first tank, I did take it really easy. 2nd tank I started some 3/4 and quick full throttle bursts. I decided to keep going and ended up going through 7 tank today! Now the bad news! I broke a front dog bone and cracked the CV axle, now I have a 3x4 truck, but I kept going. I jumped some curbs and POW, there goes the front bumper flying. But I keep on going, I was doing some donuts in a parking lot on my last tank of fuel for the day and the truck got away a bit and flew under a neighbors Escape. The body blew up into about 100 pieces, sheared off the front body posts, and cracked the top of the roll cage!

Other than that, the truck was a blast and looking forward to getting her fixed up and playing some more! :D
Sounds like you had a BALLLL!!! :D :D

G

Ouch :eek:

Thankfully parts are inexpensive. Glad your hav'n some fun!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts