• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

low end power

chevy

Chris you can get a good pipe like a jetpro, cpi, mod a pipe, ect ect. the pipes are sold many website,the gears you can get if you look at the sponsors on the left side , switch your clutch spring that works.

chevy

But before you start shelling out big bucks, on pipes gears and springs try some things the members mentioned, your gearing is the lowest setup you can go as far as getting the most torque so gears would be silly to buy you have the gears already, the way you describe pushing your truck over a hill seems odd to me like you have a badly tuned carb or you have a part failing, because even a bone stock mt with 25a 35b gearing tuned right should blow thru the hill no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

PISTOL PETE

chevy said:
But before you start shelling out big bucks, on pipes gears and springs try some things the members mentioned, your gearing is the lowest setup you can go as far as getting the most torque so gears would be silly to buy you have the gears already, the way you describe pushing your truck over a hill seems odd to me like you have a badly tuned carb or you have a part failing, because even a bone stock mt with 25a 35b gearing tuned right should blow thru the hill no problem.
i agree my truck is completely stock and even with 29/31 gears it will climb a huge snow hill no problem from a dead stop. play with the carb needles and if you get lost on the tuning you can always go back to the stock settings and start over

E5B

chris2071b said:
chevy the gears are 25 for a, and 35 for b, and 25 for the other ones. also where do i buy the pipe, gears, and clutch. cause i would rather have a bunch of low end torque than i would to have speed. not sure where you guys are from but im on eastern time, i will be back home tonight, cause i have to go take care of some stuff. i drive a truck for the military, so when they say i gotta go , i gotta go lol
MotorT!?...

macs

I just recieved my rampage TT and took it for its first spin last night. It will barely make it up the driveway. I instantly thought of this thread. When i give it full throttle from a standstill it just bogs and slowly starts to take off. Once my rpm's are up it does fine. If yours is doing the same thing, it is definatley the carb settings. I plan on trying to dial mine in tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts