• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

low end power

chris2071b

hey i have a rampage truck, with the 26cc motor, have only had it a few days, and spent 2 days trying to get it to run, which turned out to be the kill switch was bad. but anyway i have come to the conclusion this thing does not have any low end torque, do they make a bigger gear for it? so it will have more low end torque.

i also bought a redcat earthquake 3.5 now it is smaller than the rampage but it will flat ass climb over , and up anything i put in fromnt of it, i mean right from the take off it is all power, i would like to do that with the rampage, any help would be appreciated.

thanks chris

Last edited by a moderator:

chevy

You need more torque you have many options tuned pipe, lower your gearing, or switch wheels the mt wheels are between 10-11 pounds if you switch wheels that will lighten it up

chris2071b

ok well where do i buy the gears pipe and tires, ill just buy it all, cause i cant stand not having low end torque, thing gets stuck going over a 4 inch snow hill here in the driveway, i have to go push it to get it over, but it seems to have high end torque as long as ytou are on flat ground

chevy

You have to push it over a 4 inch hill that shouldnt be with the motor you have,i'm thinking you might have a bad clutch or another problem with the diff grub screws.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Changing out to an 8K clutch spring will help the take off a LOT...and of course a good pipe (CPI or JetPro or DDM...a RedCat or X-can doesn't do much compared to the first 3) Lighter tires will make a big diff as well but I would do spring and pipe first....gives you time to research and decide on what tires...

chris2071b

chevy i don't know, but i can tell you its stock, and can you tell me while im thinking about it, how do i reply directly to a person who has left me a reply.

and also this thing is only on its second tank of gas, so im not sure how i could have burned up a clutch, or done anything to it, but if i knew how to put a video on here i would show you what i mean, about the power

what are the diff grub screws? i am all new to this hobby, never owned a gas powered rc before, always the little electric ones from like walmart, haha

krashkrieg

Contributor
the clutch probably isn't burn't, you just can't believe the torque because there is almost none with a stock truck...you will be amazed what the 8K spring and a good tuned pipe will do.

chevy

Click on the members name and a menu will pop up click send private message, Look at the gears and their should be a small number stamped on the side see what your gearing is for a and b, the diff grub screws are located on the side of the gearbox inside the diff housing you can screw it in to tighten it up itmight be loose causing it to slip too much. If your a gear is 35 tooth and b gear is 25 that might be the problem.

racetruck

It sounds like you need to tune the low end screw on your carb the one that has the L beside the screw you need to turn it in alittle bit at a time here"s a picture of the carb

PA140065.jpg

igetbombed

Contributor
Buddy of mine and I bought the trucks at the exact same time. Mine had plenty of low end with stock settings, and got even better with a tune. My buddies never got any better. Met up with trickle and crash who turned us on to the walbro 813 carb, and I can tell you it made a world of difference. I also added a jet pro pipe at the same time. I haven't changed the spring yet as ibe heard it's an s.o.b. To change

chris2071b

chevy the gears are 25 for a, and 35 for b, and 25 for the other ones. also where do i buy the pipe, gears, and clutch. cause i would rather have a bunch of low end torque than i would to have speed. not sure where you guys are from but im on eastern time, i will be back home tonight, cause i have to go take care of some stuff. i drive a truck for the military, so when they say i gotta go , i gotta go lol

chris2071b

racetruck, i thought those set screws were for the air/gas mixture. i don't have a whole lot of luck when it comes to messing with carburators.

yakrcnut

my tt is the same way never even ran a tank yet brought it in the house and gas started to drip gas on chassis through the carb the filter(sponge) were soaked with gas. So i scrapped it gonna have to order a lot of parts.

racetruck

chris2071b said:
racetruck, i thought those set screws were for the air/gas mixture. i don't have a whole lot of luck when it comes to messing with carburators.
you will have to get your feet wet with the mixture screws just turn clockwise a 1/16 at a time then run the motor you will hear a diffrence it will rev faster if it slows down then go counter clockwise :D

TerraKill

krashkrieg said:
Changing out to an 8K clutch spring will help the take off a LOT...and of course a good pipe (CPI or JetPro or DDM...a RedCat or X-can doesn't do much compared to the first 3) Lighter tires will make a big diff as well but I would do spring and pipe first....gives you time to research and decide on what tires...
i just fitted a 8,000rpm clutch spring and ligthen clutch shoes to my Marverick Blackout witch is basicly the Euro version of the Redcat.

it took me less then 10 mins to install it, i took the roll cage off, removed the engine (4 allen blots on the gear caseing, and 2 bolts on the underside of the car) then its as simple as removing the 2 clutch holding blots and replaceing the spring/shoes witch ever you have brought and putting it all back together.

i was exacly the same, my car hes no bottom end at all, and it would also get stuck in a tiny amount of snow.(and the blackout comes with a 30cc engine)

But now with just this clutch upgrade, its a whole new ball game, it takes of so fast now and its making the top speed look SLOW! lol (even tho its not)

gonna get a DDM domi pipe next and i think ill be happy :)

power

must be the luck of the draw as my 26 with just the redcat pipe has plenty of power and will spin the tires easy, been running thru 5in snow with no problems, climbs our big rock piles without any trouble. But you got to turn on them screws and get it tuned

dozer187

mines not even broken in yet and i can see the torque this thing has...ur only on 2 tanks so obviously ur no really fully broken in yet either i would adjust the low end needle on the carb a bit and see if that helps

TerraKill

my car has loads and loads of torque when it reachs its powerband, its just getting to it, the 8,000rpm clutch spring fixed this, as the clutch wont engage untill higher in the rev range closer to the powerband

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts