• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

G

I believe RCDAD has run his
Just a couple tanks. It is pretty well built. I love mine.

LightForce

Ol said:
Damnit, That means I got to buy one to make a chassis. How are they selling? are they a piece o crap ?
They do sell good based what LHS sold here.

They are not piece of crap however they not 5ive buggy conversion quality either. I would like to see a one piece chassis for real 5ive buggy like AJA 4.2+ just better then their soft chassis.

Ol' fart

We don't make one piece chassis. It's not that I can't make it, most people can't afford it. A blank of 7075 big enough to make a one piece is almost $120

The three piece chassis I make is $275 (add $80 for one piece). I have never had any chassis I make fail, It make's working on the car easier. IF you do bent some part of the chassis you only have to replace the bent part, not the whole chassis. For the Losi chassis it is 1/4 inch thick at the narrowest point. Not going to break.

Ol' fart

Losi 5ive chassis is done,

and up for sale on my website, 7075RC.com. Look in the Losi section.

Turned out super nice. It is tough and stiff and, I'd like to say unbreakable but someone will jump it over the frickin Grand Canyon just to prove me wrong.

G

rookie101 said:
Ordered and paid.
Please post some pics once installed! That is going to be awesome.

G

LMAO!

Hey Ol' fart, how does the center cage section bolt to the chassis? On the stocker, the cage bolts towards the top of the plastic side guards. The cage posts don't drop all the way down to the chassis floor.

Ol' fart

Hell I don't know, I don't own one. The side guards go up 2.5 inch's you should be able to tie into that. Duffy has the only other one and he didn't need any side guards at all.

G

Here you can see the bottom of the cage and the next pic the stand-offs where the cage sits and bolts to. I guess some spacers would do the job. Maybe Duffy doesn't keep his cage bolted. Some guys don't as it is kind of a PITA to remove the 4 bolts every time you want to take the body off.

Last edited:

Ol' fart

I'm sure something can be worked out to attach the cage to the side guard if you wanted to. The side guard is 2.5 inch's tall.

G

rookie101 said:
It's currently -30 out at the moment though, so it'll be a while before I get around to doing much with it.
Damn that's cold.

Ol' fart

I put it up on the( site won't let me say) forum and some guy trashed it because I make Redcat parts and therefore it can't be any good....too funny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts