• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

DUFFY

Ill have some better pics soon and hopefully the buggy version in a few weeks. The chassis looks amazing, and has performed amazing as well. Everything is looking good and just needs a few more bells and whistles(strategically placed reinforcement ribs) for over kill.

G

DUFFY

OK I just got the news losi is coming out with a new 1/5 scale buggy. The chassis looks the same as before just shorter. My question is will there be any demand for a very nice buggy conversion chassis after it is released? Perhaps a upgrade chassis for the buggy would be smarter to sell. Let me know what you all think.

auto2

hey old fart, i finally got my AJA (junk) buggy chassis to stop bending by adding 4 braces but now that its 22 degrees out here in NY im done for the season sooooooo im interested in a brushless buggy chassis same size as the AJA one. or at least so my buggy body fits.

my first though about your design is WOW! beautiful work. my second thought is as we all know chassis flex is a necessary part of an rc car suspension set up. could yours be too stiff ?

UNCs toy

I would say.....flexing is a thing that everything has to go through.....avoid breakage. On that note, if we have to factor in the chassis flex to a shock setup, it is way to flexible. Yes, it all flexes to some point....has too....I personally want the stiffest chassis I can find.

The shocks that we have now....I think they are simplistic as they can get, tunable, yes, but they rely on the piston and oil to do both compression and rebound.

We can manipulate the compression and rebound with these big bore shocks.....valveing.

auto2

chassis needs to have the right amount of flex or it wont handle properly. look at xray .they have bolts you can add to stiffen or loosen up the flex in the chassis . when losi made the graphite plus chassis which was stiffer the cars at my track were horrible to drive. they drove better with more chassis flex . you cant compare 1.1 cars to rc cars directly.

UNCs toy

auto2....I wasn't making a comparison to full size.... the chasissis, tires, mounts, ect,, all have a roll in shock/springs....full size or not.

Hell, I can tell the difference in 5 psi in the tires of my truck ( full size )., and I have 3" shocks on it. jfi it is a 08 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab on 37x13.5x18 with a 6" Carli Dominator system.

All I'm saying is that tune the suspension to the chassis....I personally like a stiff chassis with soft shocks.....it works for me, not for everyone.

Ol' fart

auto2 said:
hey old fart, i finally got my AJA (junk) buggy chassis to stop bending by adding 4 braces but now that its 22 degrees out here in NY im done for the season sooooooo im interested in a brushless buggy chassis same size as the AJA one. or at least so my buggy body fits.my first though about your design is WOW! beautiful work. my second thought is as we all know chassis flex is a necessary part of an rc car suspension set up. could yours be too stiff ?
I don't think you can be "too stiff" you just have to tune your suspension to the new chassis. I am running a batch of gas Losi's now. If there is demand I could make an electric one.

LightForce

My AJA 4.2+ bends as well I reinforced it with another 5mm 4" wide full length brace/skid , its better but still slightly bent.

It would be nice to have same chassis as AJA 4.2 with optional engine mounts and same driveshafts front and back,only made out of proper 7075 material.

Maybe same design one piece?

LightForce

auto2 said:
yea ill go for one of them!!!!! :)
Same here. Too bad that losi 5ive buggy conversion chassis bends. Anyway this is the toughest buggy I have unbreakable so far and at the freestyle track we ran which already killed 100's of rc's. So only stronger chassis is needed. I did placed an order for dbxl , however based on my experience this one wont be close to 5ive buggy conversion most likely, atleast not on this track.

rookie101

I know you're busy cleaning things up from the break-in, but any updates on the Losi chassis Doug? PS I'd take one for the new Desert Buggy as well! :D

Ol' fart

I made five for the first run. Going out for hard black anodize then up for sale hopefully this week.

Is the desert buggy the same just shorter?

G

Ol said:
I made five for the first run. Going out for hard black anodize then up for sale hopefully this week.Is the desert buggy the same just shorter?
Unfortunately it's a completely different platform..

Ol' fart

Damnit, That means I got to buy one to make a chassis. How are they selling? are they a piece o crap ?

rookie101

Ol said:
Damnit, That means I got to buy one to make a chassis. How are they selling? are they a piece o crap ?
So far it looks like Losi has a hit on their hands. I haven't gotten to do much with mine yet due to the weather, but I believe RCDAD has run his. I think they will end up selling pretty well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts