• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi 5ive for Christmas

92 vert

If it were me I would ditch the telemetry idea all together...I have a few friends that tried it on their losi trucks and it was not that accurate...kind of gimmicky to me.

I would buy a lower end Spektrum like a DX3E or DX3C and run it with no telemetry,or just stick with you Fly Sky radio.

I run Spektrum in all my stuff and like it.

Guantanamo Joe

I love my flysky... it has done me VERY well with my 3 other gassers... great distance and not a glitch one.

screw the telemetry, Ill just take all that stuff out and make room for lights :D

G

That is true as well... I am sure it is cool to play with a few times, but then Id just quit looking anyway.as far as handing one over to a bud... that is why I take my 1/10 grave digger with me when I bash... so friends can "play" too. NOBODY gets to drive my redcats.
I'm the same way. :)

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I love my flysky... it has done me VERY well with my 3 other gassers... great distance and not a glitch one.screw the telemetry, Ill just take all that stuff out and make room for lights :D
Now your talk'n!

Guantanamo Joe

one day, rcdad, you will have to give me a class on how you install all your bad ass lights on your trucks. surely someone has come up with a replacement already for the fake lights on the front of the losi?

G

92 vert said:
If it were me I would ditch the telemetry idea all together...I have a few friends that tried it on their losi trucks and it was not that accurate...kind of gimmicky to me..
I have read this more than once. It's not accurate enough.

Obeast44

Banned
I agree with 92Vert and the others, the RPM and temp sensors aren't all that spectacular. I never used them because my rpm sensor fell off the center diff before I ever ran it. The Losi 5ive is a tough truck, but all the little quirks it has made me get rid of it.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
one day, rcdad, you will have to give me a class on how you install all your bad ass lights on your trucks. surely someone has come up with a replacement already for the fake lights on the front of the losi?
They do shoot Rob a message. He sells lights for the 5ive. Not sure which ones, but I know you can get lights in those pods.

Guantanamo Joe

I appreciate you telling me that, obeast... that is the first negative thing I have heard yet about it... Ive been trying to read every review and watch every YT video I can before I drop this much coin.

92 vert

In stock form I like my XT with the baja wheels and 30.5 motor more than the Losi..

Its a nice truck but it needs a ton of upgrades to be great. The single steering servo setup is terrible and the stock exhaust can blows crap all inside the body..

Thats like $400 just to fix those 2 things...not to mention its slow with the stock motor.

It is a nice truck...just not $1600 nice to me..everone I know has another $1000 invested in it..

Guantanamo Joe

the exhaust problem is not too concerning to me. I would invest in a pipe sooner or later either way, but for now I would do as I have done with my XSC and just put some heater hose on the stinger to take the oily splattering out of the body.

It claims to have a 1/4 scale servo- which I would think would be wicked strong...

I love my XSC and this losi looks so smooth jumping around on tracks in the YT videos i've seen...

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Just a teaser.....

-

92 vert

Guantanamo Joe said:
the exhaust problem is not too concerning to me. I would invest in a pipe sooner or later either way, but for now I would do as I have done with my XSC and just put some heater hose on the stinger to take the oily splattering out of the body.It claims to have a 1/4 scale servo- which I would think would be wicked strong...

I love my XSC and this losi looks so smooth jumping around on tracks in the YT videos i've seen...
The steering is not great..everyone upgrades to a dual servo setup with aluminum mounts. For just bashing the single would probally be ok though.

when they are all modded up its a sweet truck for sure!!

Guantanamo Joe

Im just a basher any way- the only racing we do is running to turn your truck back over by hand before one of the MTs running around it decides they will do it for you... ha ha ha

rc dad, those pics with the lights are pretty bad ass for sure!!!

rookie101

92 vert said:
Its a nice truck but it needs a ton of upgrades to be great. The single steering servo setup is terrible and the stock exhaust can blows crap all inside the body..

Thats like $400 just to fix those 2 things...not to mention its slow with the stock motor.

It is a nice truck...just not $1600 nice to me..everone I know has another $1000 invested in it..
True.

The Losi is a bit overpriced, but I don't think there is a 1/5 out there that you wont put a thousand in upgrades into. I know my XB-E will be three times it's original price by the time it's done.

92 vert

True they all money pits...I just prefer to start with the $600 truck which to me drives almost as good as the $1600 one in stock form..my XT is just as fast as the $2500 Losi at our local bash track and I have $1000 in it.

If my wife was OK with a new Losi this christmas I would be all over it though..I do like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guantanamo Joe

Ive got 3 redcats and I don't really upgrade anything till something breaks. I put a super bee in before I start it.

I put on an HPI air filter and walbro 990 with manifold when the carb goes bad

Then there is an exhaust upgrade on the MT and dunerunner... but other than that, I guess I don't run them hard enough or something because I just replace what I break.

G

I own a bunch of the cats. I like them because the platforms are laid out nice, which makes them easy to work on. The cost is just a bonus. I'd still own some of the Redcats even if they were twice as much. As for the 5ive, I'm getting one just because I don't have one.

I want them all! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts