• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi 5ive for Christmas

Guantanamo Joe

Fellas, my wife said I can get the Losi for Christmas. I am pretty stoked about this, but I need help from the more experienced folks out there.

I know it comes equipped with telemetry sensors. I do not have a controller that will run all that. I either have to save my pennies and get one when I get the truck, or run it off the FlySky until I get one later.

My question is this- I don't know anything about these transmitters- is there such thing as one that doesn't cost $400? What is a solid remote to run that will take advantage of the features of the 5ive?

GoffeeRedCat

Youre a lucky man!!!! I wish i can get 5ive for Christmas!! the only thing im getting is a reminder that i have to save money for me and my fiance' wedding!!

Us66xb

Spektrum DX3S 3-Channel DSM Surface Radio with Telemetry will do the trick. Bind it to the stock receiver and you good to go.

rookie101

If you want to change the receiver it will run on any radio. It is designed around the DX3S though as it comes with all the telemetry sensors installed in the truck.

92 vert

It will if you have a receiver to put in it.

The receiver that comes with it is a spektrum.

Guantanamo Joe

just tie off all the other electronics for use at a later time and keep the throttle and steering servos plugged in like my other cars have?

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
just tie off all the other electronics for use at a later time and keep the throttle and steering servos plugged in like my other cars have?
You got it. It's all the same wiring. There just the extra features.

Guantanamo Joe

I have several flysky receivers... bought about 10 with the transmitter- ALL my trucks are run with them.

another question. Can I bind the spektrum remote to the other fly-sky receivers, or am I about to be running 2 separate remotes?

G

No... You would need to replace the FS receivers with the Speks.

G

You just need to be careful if you hand one over to a bud. I read a few times that the Speks don't like the FS. The Speks start to glitch out.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
screw that, Ill never be rich enough to do that... ha ha ha2 remotes it is for GTMO Joe...
You could just ditch the telemetry. Who has time to be staring at the transmitter. LOL

Guantanamo Joe

That is true as well... I am sure it is cool to play with a few times, but then Id just quit looking anyway.

as far as handing one over to a bud... that is why I take my 1/10 grave digger with me when I bash... so friends can "play" too. NOBODY gets to drive my redcats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts