• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Looking for dune runner

mulepic

I know I'm going to get in trouble for this b/c I also posted this in the wanted section. The dune runner is sort of unique from the other redcats so I figured this forum is the best place to look. But if you have one or know of someone selling one, I'm looking. I'm considering new vs used.

mulepic

Yep, but since I will be running this as brushless I thought I'd save some money and start out used and/or w/ a roller. Just being an informed consumer before I buy.

G

There hard to find used. Most people who have them love them. You could always sell the extra parts you pull off.

Deluge

mulepic said:
Yep, but since I will be running this as brushless I thought I'd save some money and start out used and/or w/ a roller. Just being an informed consumer before I buy.
I'd buy new and strip it down. The engine and the parts you remove should be an easy sell.

mulepic

Thanks. I might have found a new one. We'll see. This purchase almost makes no sense b/c rumors were flying around this week about closing the track down. But I like the challenge of the conversion project.

mulepic

Will do. I'm still debating the gas engine. I just don't think it'll work for me/environment. So I might as well sell it as new. And I do have a weed wacker sitting around that I'm not using that maybe I could use as the engine should I have the urge to try gas.

I'll create a build thread when things get going.

Deluge

mulepic said:
Will do. I'm still debating the gas engine. I just don't think it'll work for me/environment. So I might as well sell it as new. And I do have a weed wacker sitting around that I'm not using that maybe I could use as the engine should I have the urge to try gas.I'll create a build thread when things get going.
I doubt the weed wacker engine would be enough for the DR. Engine's designed for R/C use put out more power. Then you'd have to hope that it mounts up the same way. Looking forward to the build, though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts