• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lightest Rampage In The World Project

chevy

making progress

here's a few pictures of my progress i put in some work getting it cleaned fixed, and wheels done..

chevy

here's a few pics of thw wheels..

and i also lightened the rear shock tower it opens the rear for a rear exit pipe..

Heavy Chevy

What wheels are you running? They look nice :)

Are you worried about losing strength from all the drilling?

chevy

Heavy their proline bowties tires, and I'm not sure the rims, skinner ones up front it seem the lighter you can make it the less bracing and beefed up parts need, instead of it weighting 35-40 pounds now It is between 20-25 pounds almost half the weight as some fully alumium pro MT im gonna weight it and get an accurate weight im guessing its around 19 pounds without motor, but will get a accurate weight ate the posts office, the stock 27.2 cy motor weighs 4 pounds 9 ounces so im shooting for 23-24 pounds dry weight well ill see how close I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Mopar_30.5

So youre the one that outbid me on that. :) PUNK!!!!! j/k Good luck with it man. Keep us updated.

lightning73

Holy crap chevy you went drill happy on that puppy didn`t ya! I hope it doesn't shatter when you try a jump with it, hopefully the fact that you got it as light as you did it will be fine.

I must say it looks cool though... ;)

chevy

Thanks lightening I drilled for a few hours it amazing how much material I removed just from the lower arms, I had 2 thick handfulls of shavings, when I drilled it I could of drilled it in sortt of a patter to leave it with no holes where flexing happens but its gonna work I know I can loose alittle more weight by going with all titanium tie-rods, all the battery box bolts can be aluminum motors gonna be the biggest thing 2 bolt 23cc witch has a 32mm bore lightened flywheel (the one onb sells) lightened clutch that should be a light motor.

chevy

crashed it

ok so i got alittle crazy today and started getting out of control donuts up and down the street with my loud xcan and after about 6 min i smacked a parked car tire at full speed i was pretty amazed nothings really damaged except bending the center dogbone and the chassis bent like tinfoil the chassis being so light and having soo many holes drilled in it, once i smacked the car it took mosts of the impact and bent, that was fun, being no other parts are damaged i already have it stripped down dogbone cut sleeved and welded and even tempered it, Im coming up with a solution for the gearplate cutout, the chassis seemed to bend the mosts where the siderail is cutout for the gearplate i didnt like how the holes let dirt rocks water and sand get all into the body so i'm going to drill mosts of the holes towards the rear of the chassis this time and i also marked my holes under the radio box i think that should be enuff holes this time, i uploaded a few pics. the first picture is the bent chassis.....

here's a pic of the new chassis and the lines i marked to drill the holes...

i should have it ready with all the parts bolted back up and the motor in few days ill run it and do some more of my chassis testing :)

Heavy Chevy

Was it a stranger's tire that you smacked into?

No but really, that sucks but you seem to be getting right back on that horse ;)

Any update on shipping that wing?

chevy

Heavy yeah it was a strangers car luckly for them it hit the tire didnt even touch the front lower arms I thought that be the first thing to break, and yes I just sent the wing out about an hour ago, they said 7-10 business days let me know when you get it. :)

Triggerman77

Contributor
this is a sick Build !!! Props to U Bro !! I like it all the drilled parts look cool !!

chevy

I still have this I just havnt done anything to it since I crashed it a week or so and I will be getting back into it I just been in process of moving and don't have any room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts