• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Let's Us Show These Bajas What Rampers Are all about...Read This!

RampageHopUps

I will be with alot of the aftermarket guys this weekend, and I will ask if they want to take a look at the new XB and XT platform.

Jaric00n

maybe I should get a second car just to get ol' fart's hop-ups...

mhmmmmmmmmmm

:D

Ol' fart

It's close guy's. just an unbeleavable amount of red tape to deal with, plus upfront cost. I'll get it done. Just hold on another week or so.....good things are coming.

ford boss

62 skopod on maverick blackout(redcat rampage)

i just joined this forum from the uk as i want to mount a 62 skopod on my mt maverick blackout(redcat rampage) but there is not enough support for this in the uk, im actually considering buying a baja 5t and doing the conversion on that, but then i think to my self why should i buy something that i don't really like! but ur right mate, we need an identity of are own and u got to start some where.

fluxn81

Well, I haven't gotten the Xbe, yet so I won't be able to compare the baja to it. I am a loyal fan of HPI and love the 3 bajas I own. Squirrel's cons on the 5B aren't a big deal to me. Low center gravity helps it handle better. The body is not hard to take off, lol and I don't make crazy jumps so the little shocks are ok.

The real downfall to the baja is that it's two wheel drive. That's the main reason for me getting the Xbe. Well, that and it's electric and I need an rc I can run in the neighborhood.

To like one rc more than another is fine, but to be blind sided because you have one or the other is sad. I love my baja and I can't wait til' my Xbe is here :)

Deluge

fluxn81 said:
Well, I haven't gotten the Xbe, yet so I won't be able to compare the baja to it. I am a loyal fan of HPI and love the 3 bajas I own. Squirrel's cons on the 5B aren't a big deal to me. Low center gravity helps it handle better. The body is not hard to take off, lol and I don't make crazy jumps so the little shocks are ok.
The real downfall to the baja is that it's two wheel drive. That's the main reason for me getting the Xbe. Well, that and it's electric and I need an rc I can run in the neighborhood.

To like one rc more than another is fine, but to be blind sided because you have one or the other is sad. I love my baja and I can't wait til' my Xbe is here :)
Completely agree.

Obeast44

Banned
fluxn81 said:

First off, you'll love the XB-E man, its a great car. Secondly, I agree with everything you said and I will add few more points to it. I have had about 5 Bajas over the last few years and here is my take on it.

The biggest pro of the Baja IMO is the aftermarket support. Heck you can build one out of all aftermarket parts.

The biggest con of the Baja is wrenching on it. Compared to the flat chassis style 4wd cars, it is a HUGE pain in the a$$ to work on.

Its a cool car, I curently have one, but only as a backup to my XB-E. The ease of use, power, speed, 4wd and ease of maintenance on the XB-E definitely put it first on my "go to" list.

powerslave69

pain in the...you know where

Obeast44 said:
I agree. BUT after having built/rebuilt 2 complete Bajas in the last few weeks I can tell you it gets old working on them. The layout is what drives me crazy.
I enjoy working on my XB-E, the Baja...not so much.
I heard working on those bad boyz can make you swear with words that hasn't been said yet. A friend even sold one though he likes his 5B, but just the idea of working on it gives him nightmares. :( I'm not mechanically savvy but I like working on my MT.

TerraKill

When i go to club days (baja bash days) basicly everyone has a baja, and usually the pit/work area is always aloud with people swearing at there bajas.

I swear i could proberbly strip and rebuild my MT by the time some1 could removed a diff from a baja (as long as the allen bolts don't round off like normal).

Unless you have all the expencive "easy acess" hop-ups, you could spend the whole day working on a baja and lose valuable your track time :(

besides 4x4WD FTW!!

fluxn81

I used to working on 1:1 cars so wrenching on a baja is simple fun for me. The only thing that's time consuming is the diff. I'll be installing the TR quick diff and that takes care of that.

Aundre3000

Ok guys just saw this!

Mabe someone can get me some plans for the 40cc 50cc 62cc the plate braket or what ever and I will get my close friend to make them then I can get my other friend to copy it on his cnc program mc. And turn some out!

I need to see what it is

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts