• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Let's Us Show These Bajas What Rampers Are all about...Read This!

powerslave69

Listen guys, I decided to start this thread and see what kind of response I will get. After joining this forum a month ago and was so convinced that being a Ramper is the way to go and I still feel the same way. Please consider reading this through as this will benefit us all. Now even with a positive feedback from all of us, I understand this would be a huge undertaking for Darin and Redcat Racing.

I wonder if Darin would even consider this proposition. So, personally here's where I'm at. Even though I'm kinda excited receiving my Baja 5B kit soon, I'm not as excited as I was waiting for my XT to arrive. I thought for the price of 2 Rampage truck or buggy, I'm getting a 2 wheel drive low to the ground small wheeled basher which is not too appealing to me. But I wanted to mount a Skopod 62cc motor but this motor will only work on the 5B/5T if you buy the conversion kit. I got an early birthday gift from my sister and she will buy me this motor for my bday. But I'd rather mount this to my XT, might be possible if you have the skill to do the mods. There's just no substitute for a 4WD!! :) Even a pro like a Squirrel compared the XB,5B and FG truck side by side and the final verdict he chose Rampage! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ioXfHyyfA[/ame] I realized being a businessman myself, huge financial move like this would not be easy for any business. But I don't see any hopup manufacturers concentrating on fabricating upgrades for our Ramps. But let's try it anyway and bring this idea to Darin and RedCat Racing's attention.. We got nothing to lose but a lot to gain. I just feel bad almost everyday I read posts here, there's always someone desperately trying to fit a Baja part or hopup to a Rampage and I'm pretty sure you've seen this a lot. And that's just not right. We, as Rampers should have our own identity. My other XT pal asked me where I got my air filter, reluctantly I replied "oh, it's for a Baja and I just did a few mods to make it fit" Now, what's wrong with that statement? I even found a complete Video tutorial made by Team Fast Eddy showing you step by step on how to assemble a Baja 5B kit. This rides are so popular, someone even made a 3-4 GB worth of Videos and painstakingly and elaborately slowly showed how to put this buggy together from start to finish of the manual down to the last tiniest screw that even a 2 yr. old would understand.

http://www.teamfasteddy.com/category/team-fasteddy-videos/build-a-baja-ss/

I know you will agree with me when I say that whenever you surf the net to look for aftermarket parts for your Ramps, you found something that is so appealing and you just gotta have it, then... Wham! you get jolted by this "Will only fit a Baja 5B/5T :(When I discovered the Skopod the 62cc motor, this what convinced me to just go ahead and buy the 5B kit. Though I know RedCat Racing are trying their best to supply us with our own hopups for our rides, it's just not enough and want more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but majority of these Baja hopups are manufactured by 3rd parties like Phyton,Ramtech, Turtle Racing?, ADA Racing to name a few. I would like to thank DemonRC for fabricating and working on the belt drive. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=4626&highlight=DemonRC+belt+drive Hopefully other 3rd party hopup manufacturer would follow his lead.

Watch this 5B Video tutorial and the guy will show you a lot of beautifully fabricated hopup parts for the 5B he was assembling. I particularly love the aluminum wheel adapters that will make the width of the 5B wider by almost 2 inches which translates to a more stable ride.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you guys with a long ass post, but just want to ask all of us to perhaps send RedCat Racing and Darin a short note and ask them that we want to stay a "Rampage Fanatics" and not a HPI Baja wannabes! :mad: If I wanted a Baja, I would have purchased one in the first place. Here's RedCat racing support email: [email protected]

if they receive a lot of these requests, I thought they might consider putting this idea into action sooner than later. Let's mount those bigger motors to our Ramps and really do some serious shredding! Good luck to us all :)

DemonRC

Unfortunetely, the demand in the Rampage market is too low to get manufacturing costs down which in turn leads to small profit margins. Most machine shops won't even bother with you unless you bring them a big fat project. Some of them are downright crooks. Opps did I say that? What I really meant was some of them are freaking POS union crooks. Opps, I really meant they are overpaid manual labor that won't flinch unless you toss them a fat donut. It's the reason why China is going to be the world economic power in 3-4 years. Anyways, enough of my bitching.

I'm sure the HPI aftermarket guys that jumped on board initially found the return on investment not worth their time and concentrated on the bigger market. To be honest I wouldn't even have bothered making the belt drive for the Rampage if it wasn't for the fact that the setup can work for the MCD and FS cars. It's bad business to dump 10-20 G's into and investment that'll take a year or two to recoup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggerman77

Contributor
I feel ya!! Yea i wish some on would build the setup for the 62cc or even bigger BUT They probably Will not do it. So I plan to make it work by this time next year. BC I'm Sticking with Redcat!!!! Forget a Baja 5 whatever!!! unless its a 4 Wheel Drive. Whenever i get the spare dough to buy a engine Not sure what yet 62cc, 50cc, 40cc IDK But I do know whatever I decide It will fit the Rampage within 3 months. guaranteed!! And honestly I think the XT platform will be easier then the MT.

+1 Demon and U are the Man. I thank guys like u for sinking the cash in to building a after-market drive system. Like the Belt setup!! It looks awesome im sure it will be a a Must have!! BC the RC market grows everyday so hopefully u will receive your investment back very quick :) Cheers ! :D

Ol' fart

I own a machine shop and I can and have made parts for the Xb Xt cars. I don't make alot of money (none) but I am willing to stick with it because the other aftermarket guys won't touch such a small market, leaveing the door open for small guy's like me.

The problem that will kill me is the cost to advertise. The rules of this site are I can talk about my parts but I can't talk about selling my parts. I understand. Rob has a busness to run and if I where in his shoes I would have the same attitude, stay'in alive.

So there is the problem . you want more aftermarket parts? Make it easy to get the word out. Word of mouth is the only advertising I, and other small guys can afford.

Can we start a " new parts review" or a "I wish someone would make this" thing? I know thats asking alot from this site but if we want to catch up with the baja guys when it comes to aftermarket parts.....we have to work as a team.

Triggerman77

Contributor
+1000000 Ol'Fart ! Thats what im taliking about. Yea we need to come together and Make it happen for the Redcat 5th scalers!!! :D

powerslave69

I agree totally!

Ol said:
I own a machine shop and I can and have made parts for the Xb Xt cars. I don't make alot of money (none) but I am willing to stick with it because the other aftermarket guys won't touch such a small market, leaveing the door open for small guy's like me.
The problem that will kill me is the cost to advertise. The rules of this site are I can talk about my parts but I can't talk about selling my parts. I understand. Rob has a busness to run and if I where in his shoes I would have the same attitude, stay'in alive.

So there is the problem . you want more aftermarket parts? Make it easy to get the word out. Word of mouth is the only advertising I, and other small guys can afford.

Can we start a " new parts review" or a "I wish someone would make this" thing? I know thats asking alot from this site but if we want to catch up with the baja guys when it comes to aftermarket parts.....we have to work as a team.
I couldn't have said it any better. I totally, 100% agree with you. question is where do we go from here? I made my decision and told my bud he can have my 5B kit soon as it arrives and make payments on it and I'll just let the Skopod motor sit in my room until either I(seriously doubt it though) or someone else in this forum can figure out a way to fabricate a conversion kit to mount this motor to my XT. I just refuse to break the bank to modify and upgrade a 5B to the max. The idea of driving a 2WD buggy is just not too appealing to me, but hey, that's just me. I'm sure there's something special about these Bajas that made thousands of RC enthusiasts go for these rides. Case in point, one of our XT drivers here where I live can buy anything he wants. To him money is not an issue. But you can't make him buy a baja even if his life depended on it. He loves his XT/MT!

Anyway, time to make some noise and rattle some cages guys. If I may borrow the old MTV ad, "Call your Ramp providers and tell them "I WANT MY RAMP HOPUPS!!" :D

Triggerman77

Contributor
DAMN P !! LOL don't let that Skopod just sit there PUT IT ON a XT. It can be that bad Just Fab up your parts out of cardboard. Find a Machine shop and talk with them and see if u can get some help !! with getting these parts made up in the rough if nothing else and work from there. Worst thing is u can't run the XT for awhile! But the wait would be worth it.

Have u got the Skopod engine yet ?? where did u get it ?

Man I want one bad !! lol Good luck ! And I think sticking with RedCat is the way to go

powerslave69

I'm on the case

Triggerman77 said:
DAMN P !! LOL don't let that Skopod just sit there PUT IT ON a XT. It can be that bad Just Fab up your parts out of cardboard. Find a Machine shop and talk with them and see if u can get some help !! with getting these parts made up in the rough if nothing else and work from there. Worst thing is u can't run the XT for awhile! But the wait would be worth it.
Have u got the Skopod engine yet ?? where did u get it ?

Man I want one bad !! lol Good luck ! And I think sticking with RedCat is the way to go
Man, let me tell ya, if I can find a way or someone skiilful enough to fabricate a conversion kit, I'd mount this beast in a heartbeat! :D But feeling proud right now and gave up the 5B kit. nice to have a rich sister too! :) She paid paid $1,000+ for it!! I think there is a limited edition too for 2K and I read they're only going to make 3 of them. I wonder what that's like.

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:

About the advertising fee, Id kick in a little to help with that. Especially if your willing to make XT/XB/XB-E specific parts. ;)

@Powerslave69 Once ya get the 62 in, do a quick mockup. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it will be to mount :D

Last edited by a moderator:

powerslave69

Obeast44 said:
About the advertising fee, Id kick in a little to help with that. Especially if your willing to make XT/XB/XB-E specific parts. ;)
@Powerslave69 Once ya get the 62 in, do a quick mockup. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it will be to mount :D
It's on its way. Can't wait. I apologize to one of our brothers who offered me to help out mounting this motor to my XT. But I imagine this will involve a lot of fabrication. Check this out I was reading the spec on it and it mentioned that they are also building a limited special edition of this beast and they will only make 3 of them and price tag will be 2K!! :eek: I love our forum evryone's so willing to extend a helping hand.

Obeast44

Banned
The only thing that worries me is the rear center dogbone, hopefully you'll have the clearance. If you have the clearance bolting it to the gear plate and chassis will be the easy part. The linkage, and exhaust (if a 5t pipe wont bolt on) will be your biggest hurdles.

Ol' fart

what the hell

Obeast44 said:
About the advertising fee, Id kick in a little to help with that. Especially if your willing to make XT/XB/XB-E specific parts. ;
Thanks Obeast44. I've decided to start a company to sell redcat upgrades,pay to advertise and see how it goes, Ya can't win any money if you don't place a bet.

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
Obeast44 said:
About the advertising fee, Id kick in a little to help with that. Especially if your willing to make XT/XB/XB-E specific parts. ;
Thanks Obeast44. I've decided to start a company to sell redcat upgrades,pay to advertise and see how it goes, Ya can't win any money if you don't place a bet.
Thats great to hear! Your products and service will speak for themselves. Trust me :)

Ol' fart

Soooon

I just need to edit the website I already have for my Machine shop, add a "basket" feature. Got to find a name that hasn't been claimed yet too. I'd say about a week or so.

DemonRC

Ol said:
I just need to edit the website I already have for my Machine shop, add a "basket" feature. Got to find a name that hasn't been claimed yet too. I'd say about a week or so.
That's great news. The front knuckles you made are like sliced bread for the XT/B/E. They are just something that is a absolute necessity. These guys will know what I'm talking about very soon when their steering goes sloppy and their cutting out their knuckles with a chainsaw because they're too pissed off to care anymore. LMAO. Yes the stock knuckle bushings are a PITA to remove.

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
Yes the stock knuckle bushings are a PITA to remove.
Fixed that for ya. :D

My nearly new knuckles in the XBe had to be cut off as well.

Ol'Fart's knuckles are awesome, and definitely worth every penny.

powerslave69

awesome!!

That's what I'm talking about. So excited someone will take the initiative to start a buisness that will satisfy our humongous hunger for our "OWN" upgrade or hopup parts! :D quote=Obeast44;51430]About the advertising fee, Id kick in a little to help with that. Especially if your willing to make XT/XB/XB-E specific parts. ;

powerslave69

show us some pics

Obeast44 said:
Fixed that for ya. :D
My nearly new knuckles in the XBe had to be cut off as well.

Ol'Fart's knuckles are awesome, and definitely worth every penny.
Ol'Frats, you mean you're already selling some hopup parts for our XT/XB? Can I see some pics? What else do you have?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts