• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Leopard 5692 w/ stock motor mount?

daravelli

crazivi3tdude said:
hey what pinion are you running with the 5692? I have the same motor but all my pinions are 8mm. got me scratching my head for several days, Kershaw Design is completely out of the bore reducer for a while
On the leopard 5692 I'm running Ol' Fart's 7075rc 8mm pinions. As far as the bore reducer for the stock motor from Kershaw... mine was nothing but shreds within 15 seconds running the 980kv on 8s. Get the one from RC Monster. It's solid. I actually have one that I won't be using anymore if you're interested. It's the 8mm-5mm bore reducer. PM me if so.

crazivi3tdude

Ol said:
We make are pinion gears to any size hole, just order some 6's, no "bore reducer" will work right.
this will go into a XBE, your gears on 7075rc is alluminum, will it hold up?

Ol' fart

yes, it's a 7075 aluminum pinion gear with a Delrin spur gear. It works fine just don't let it get too hot. I have melted a spur gear before. Run a 10/48 with the stock tires and you will be OK

BigWheel

Contributor
I've run Ol'fart's 7075rc pinion and spur gears in my XB-E with both the Leopard 5692 and CC XL2 with the 2028 motor without any problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts